What's New?

Tips and tricks to save time with food prep

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Tips and tricks to save time with food prep

One of the places I try to save the most amount of time with is dishes
since I cook and eat so much, between home and work, plus having a fiancée that doesn't eat what I eat, dishes pile up every day, so I take some precautions lol

paper plates- heavy duty large size, buy these in bulk
plastic cutlery
aluminum foil to line the cookie sheets I cook massive amounts of chicken on weekly
solo cups- especially for protein shakes..... That shit is hard to clean off regular glasses
ziplock bags over Tupperware - this one is huge, especially if you're like me and forget the Tupperware in the office.. In the car ...etc, plus you can fit many more ziplock bags in a cooler, or fridge

even when measuring stuff like egg whites, oatmeal, I use a plastic disposable cup and my escali digital food scale ...

another thing I use is my 8 cup rice cooker- pop in the rice and water and walk off... I could come back 6 hours later and it's cooked and still hot. Serious busy person WIN

What kinds of things do you guys do to make prepping food easier and take up less time? LK tells me he just skips cooking entirely and eats directly out of the dumpster ....

Last edited:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I am fortunate to have professional training. I used to be a chef. I can knock out meals for 4 days (I won't prep further out than that) in about 2 hours or less depending on what I do.

Pretty much mentioned most of what I do. Foil on sheet pans, paper plates etc...

In all seriousness keeping the Tupperware cabinet organized is important for time and even stress.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
When splitting up large quantities of chicken for freezing I will put whatever marinade/dry rub I want on food prior to freezing. I pull a bag out and let it defrost for the day while I'm at work and it's ready to go soon as I'm home

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Parchment Paper is also indispensable for baking Chicken and fish. No stick, no need for oils/Pam/etc. and better flavor than the Forman Grill.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
When splitting up large quantities of chicken for freezing I will put whatever marinade/dry rub I want on food prior to freezing. I pull a bag out and let it defrost for the day while I'm at work and it's ready to go soon as I'm home

POB will inform you in regards to the amount of bacteria that will cause.

Foil on the cookie sheets or baking pan is a huge time saver, scrubbing pans sucks.
Ziplocks over Tupperware, I must agree, may be a little more messy, but much easier. I don't open the Tupperware cabinet, my wife shoves them all in there from the dishwasher and when I open it, the explode everywhere.
Buying in bulk for items you are going to use every day or getting the huge size from Costco, really helps, having a big ass jar or whatnot, instead of opening a new one daily.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
POB will inform you in regards to the amount of bacteria that will cause.

I've heard this before LK but cooking food to proper Temps will eliminate this, will it not? I've been doing this for yrs and have yet to get sick. I'd like to know yours an POB's thoughts on this

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Scissors! I can't stress this enough especially if you're working and eating at the same time. After my chicken is weight out, I grab the scissors and cut it into bite size pieces. Don't bother with a fork and knife. This takes half the time.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Scissors! I can't stress this enough especially if you're working and eating at the same time. After my chicken is weight out, I grab the scissors and cut it into bite size pieces. Don't bother with a fork and knife. This takes half the time.

I do this when I go to microwave it... I just tear it up in lots of little pieces and put it in a bowl with my frozen veggies

also, FROZEN VEGGIES... I bring bags to work, heat up my protein source and add a cpl tsp of coconut oil and microwave... Finish off with some salt and pepper or Sriracha sauce etc

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I too hate cleaning - the dollar tree for paper plates, plasticware and packs of Tin pans. Of course I eat whiole eggs , especially when dieting lol

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I hate dishes. Paper and plastic all the way. We have a freezer and fridge at work. The freezer is stocked with my veggie and rice bags, Fridge has egg whites, spinach and no cal dressing, cabinet has whey and some gainer.

I have to be pleasant at work but can't do it without food :p

H

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic