Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Bullying - Worse now than when we were kids? Or are kids/parents just pussies now?

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
I don't have any kids so I don't know for sure, but from my perspective the world seems a lot LESS violent than when I was a kid (80s/90s). Yet I see a lot of stuff on the news about bullying and how it's this huge problem.

I was tormented constantly through elem and middle school but at a certain point I figured shit out and turned it around.

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
It's a bit worse because kids carry their tormenters around in their pockets and purses.

Back when was a kid, home was safe-- from school bullies anyway.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
It's cyber bullying, so kids constantly have to face the attacks. But it's not any worse, just more sensitive now.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
No one is singing
Kumbaya together

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
It's a bit worse because kids carry their tormenters around in their pockets and purses.

Back when was a kid, home was safe-- from school bullies anyway.

That's lucky for you.

My brother was in the same grade as me (he was held back) and he and especially his friends used to beat on me daily. Then I'd go home and they'd all be there in our shared bedroom playing my Nintendo. Then they'd be in the top bunk all night and there to torment me again in the morning. Shit was non-stop.

I only WISH I could have evaded bullies by simply turning off my phone.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I think these days it's more emotional and less physical.

And maybe that's worse I dunno.

I was a small frail kid and it took me a long time until I learned to fight back.

I dunno how you can fight back against emotional shit, other than just resigning yourself to not give a ****. And that's not easy for kids.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
How the hell can you be cyber bullied. You can turn the computer off. If one of my kids complained about a cyber bully I'd kick his ass myself

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I think a lot of it has to do with social media. You see videos on Fb, and youtube.

No such sites were around when I was in school. I didn't see a lot of bullying in school. Sometimes someone would get picked on, but usually the teacher, or another kid stepped in and it was stopped. There was usually a limit to how far people would push someone.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
I think a lot of it has to do with social media. You see videos on Fb, and youtube.

No such sites were around when I was in school. I didn't see a lot of bullying in school. Sometimes someone would get picked on, but usually the teacher, or another kid stepped in and it was stopped. There was usually a limit to how far people would push someone.

We always got around teachers getting involved.

I remember once I got the crap beaten out of me before school in 6th grade. My face was ****ed up and I was clearly holding back tears when I walked into class. My teacher asked me if everything was alright and if I had anything I needed to tell her, and I said no and she dropped it.

Nowadays they'd launch a CIA investigation to find out every detail of what happened.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic