pbtom
What's New?

Plans for 2015...let's hear 'em

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
What shows are you looking to do this year?

I'm gonna do the Kemper Classic April 11th in NJ (prolly MW open, 30+ and 40+) and then I've gotta concentrate full-time on my wife's prep for NPC Universe Nationals in July. She was 1st Callouts for WPD Class A (4th), Masters Over 35 (5th) last year at Team U against some serious competition. I feel we have a legit shot at her getting that IFBB card this year.

If Team U doesn't pan out Pittsburg Masters Nationals is next 2wks after.

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
That's awesome Mike!

I've decided to jump from the NANBF over to NPC.
I'm training specifically for the show here in Omaha on May 30 (NPC Duel of Champions).
Positive I can do well in the Master's 50+... I have a ton of work ahead!!

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
My wife and I will be at Team U also. Im still waiting for my quads to grow.....

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
My wife and I will be at Team U also. Im still waiting for my quads to grow.....
As shit gets closer we gotta plan on at least saying hi ;)

She doing Figure, Physique or Bikini?

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Man.. I wanna prep and do several shows... Going to get married and go on my honeymoon instead though... Nice pick for a good show to do mike, and best to the wife this year.. Hopefully it is her year!!

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
Great new section.
If I could get this going on 3 years frozen shoulder right I would be right with everyone in some sort of prep. last time on stage was 2012. It was a good year hit 3 shows and finished with masters. Was a bit burnt out by then.

Best of luck to all preppers out there. Those are some big shows. As they say "Go big or go the F&*9 Home"
GC

F

flpl88

May 31, 2013
I'll be at the europa doing my first single ply meet. Goal is 1700+ at 181

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
Mike why not prep with the wife yourself into team U? You know they dont "test" the men's master divisions. If you know what I'm saying.

What shows are you looking to do this year?

I'm gonna do the Kemper Classic April 11th in NJ (prolly MW open, 30+ and 40+) and then I've gotta concentrate full-time on my wife's prep for NPC Universe Nationals in July. She was 1st Callouts for WPD Class A (4th), Masters Over 35 (5th) last year at Team U against some serious competition. I feel we have a legit shot at her getting that IFBB card this year.

If Team U doesn't pan out Pittsburg Masters Nationals is next 2wks after.

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
The Francois is a Body Builders show. So, if you have real focus on grabbing the gold make sure you are down and in shape 4 weeks out. Not kidding. Then the final 4 weeks is when the real conditioning can happen. If you just get down in time for the show I'm real sure your condidtioning wont be where it needs to be.

Here is a the best tip I can give any new competitor: Conditioning wins classes and shows. Guys just dont get down. Most guys still have butts day of show. When you face the curtain nothing is hidden at that point. So, if you still have a butt that means your hamstring glute ties ins suck or just are not there.

No one will ever ask what you can lift when on stage. No one really cares what your weight is other then to put you in your weight class. This sport is all about the look on stage.

Lastly find a very trusted person who knows what posing should look like. Find how to present yourself in each pose that give you your best look. Example: On the side chest and side tri. I'm sure one side looks better then the other it is just a fact. Pratice pratice so, you look like you been posing all your life and you are just happy to be there to show case your peel body.

All the best. Start that diet in plenty of time. If someone say just 12 weeks I say BS. You can't get weeks back.
GC

I'm doing the Francois Classic on May 9, 2015. This will be my first show.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic