Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Noob Questions about Anavar

Sunset

Sunset

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2014
I've got some questions about running a beginner anavar cycle and I'm hoping you can impart your knowledge in this thread. :D Like most it would be nice to gain muscle and lose some fat, however, my main goal is to increase mass. With that in mind ---

Dosage: Would 5mg/over 10 weeks equal the same result at 10mg/day over 5 weeks? i.e. Is the total dose the most important factor or is finding the "sweet spot" about getting var levels to a point where muscle growth is maximised?

Nutrition: Is it best to aim for maintenance calories or a calorie surplus? Also, what are the optimum macros, particularly protein and fat? Currently I aim for a minimum of 1g/lb protein and 0.4g/lb fat (carbs are my balancing item).

Training: What sort of program would be best? I'm currently doing 5/3/1 with accessory work. Is that suitable?

Expectations: What sort of results can one reasonably expect from a beginner cycle?

TIA!
:)

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
Dosage - you can start at 10mg unless you feel it necessary to start at 5mg. If you start with 10mg, you can split it but it's not necessary. I always take my orals 2 hours before training with great results. I would run it for 10-12 weeks. No, it's not the same to run it the way you are suggesting. IMO, I wouldn't run it any less than 10 weeks but 8 would be fine.

Nutrition - This is entirely up to your goals. You say you want to put on mass so I would suggest a surplus but you are going to have to play around with the macro splits to find what best works for your body. I pretty much stick with this ratio 50 p / 30 c / 20 f but this is what works best for my body..for some reason I can add mass pretty easy without having to up carbs etc...I also tend to lean towards higher protein anyway so if I were to switch things up, I would add more protein.

Training- All I have to say is train consistent, with proper form and go heavy :)

Expectations - Expect to maybe see some water retention and maybe a breakout. There is always a potential to see more sides or none at all. If you do experience something you don't like, stop. If you are able to train hard and consistent, get your diet dialed in...don't forget cardio :) you will see results but don't expect anything magical as you need to be realistic in the fact that this is your first cycle and it takes time and experience to get things dialed in to reach maximum results.

Hope that helps, please ask if you have other questions.

I've got some questions about running a beginner anavar cycle and I'm hoping you can impart your knowledge in this thread. :D Like most it would be nice to gain muscle and lose some fat, however, my main goal is to increase mass. With that in mind ---

Dosage: Would 5mg/over 10 weeks equal the same result at 10mg/day over 5 weeks? i.e. Is the total dose the most important factor or is finding the "sweet spot" about getting var levels to a point where muscle growth is maximised?

Nutrition: Is it best to aim for maintenance calories or a calorie surplus? Also, what are the optimum macros, particularly protein and fat? Currently I aim for a minimum of 1g/lb protein and 0.4g/lb fat (carbs are my balancing item).

Training: What sort of program would be best? I'm currently doing 5/3/1 with accessory work. Is that suitable?

Expectations: What sort of results can one reasonably expect from a beginner cycle?

TIA!
:)

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Jenner has nailed it. The one thing I do with my gar is to split the dose to attempt keep some in the system at all times ie more stable blood level. May not make any difference at 10mg, not sure if it made any difference for me at 40mg. That's just how I run it. Best of luck.

Sunset

Sunset

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2014
Hope that helps, please ask if you have other questions.

It does indeed. Thanks for your reply! I'm fairly confident with getting my training and diet on point. Noted regarding cycle length. I wasn't suggesting such a short cycle, just trying to understand how var works. I suppose individual physiology will determine results anyway. I'm not hoping for miracles, would just be nice to speed up the snails pace.

Jenner has nailed it. The one thing I do with my gar is to split the dose to attempt keep some in the system at all times ie more stable blood level. May not make any difference at 10mg, not sure if it made any difference for me at 40mg. That's just how I run it. Best of luck.

Thanks. I read in another post that you are supposed to avoid taking var with dietary fats, is that correct? I train early so will probably have to have it just before my workout and again in the afternoon or evening.

Sunset

Sunset

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2014
Thanks Jenner... this was the post below. Easier for me if I don't have to worry. :)

Time the var so you don't take it with food or at least any dietary fat. It is fat soluble so when taken wih dietary fat some of the var you take can dissolve with I digested dietary fat which reduces absorption in the GI tract. Good luck with your progress!

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
Thanks Jenner... this was the post below. Easier for me if I don't have to worry. :)

lol, that's my boy...guess he and I will fight this one out :) I wouldn't worry about it, you are doing a 10mg var cycle not a cycle to compete at the Arnolds :)

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Var is expensive and often faked. Consider your source. If your source knows you are a woman, you have a better chance.

Sunset

Sunset

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2014
Var is expensive and often faked. Consider your source. If your source knows you are a woman, you have a better chance.

The subbing for something else is a worry but I guess I wont know until I actually get it. Here's hoping it's legit!

Meathead.

Meathead.

VIP Member
Apr 1, 2011
Training and diet should have been squared away long before beginning AAS

SakuraIron

SakuraIron

TID Lady Member
Dec 6, 2013
Jenner pretty much nailed it on the head with her responses.

Everything is really dependent on your goals. I do suggest, like Jenner, that if you want mass eat in a surplus. I've only ever used var for cutting/maintenance so I never noticed a HUGE amount of lean muscle gains. Definitely some, but if I had been eating in a surplus, it'd definitely be a lot more. My macros were generally about 35p/40c/25f.

If you're looking at 5/3/1, that means I guess you're more into powerlifting? Either way just be consistent, and always use proper form. Personally when I ran my first cycle, and even my second, I doubted my strength a little so I didn't always push myself to the limit. I regret this a little because I think I probably could've made some more gains, but I always sand-bag myself. You just can't get too overly confident that you cause injuries too. Just be smart with your training.

Expect water retention, a little bit of breaking out, insane pumps in the gym, and awesome endurance.

Sunset

Sunset

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2014
^
Thanks Sakura! Yep following 5/3/1 for the big 4 but still doing some BB style accessory work. I've had a few monster workout sessions so far so fingers crossed for some good results.

Training and diet should have been squared away long before beginning AAS

My diet and training is squared away as a natty lifter. Not really unreasonable to ask whether the same nutritional and/or training should be employed when supplementing with aas. It's only that part which is new to me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic