Latest Member
RalfKelleh

Deadlift Form Check

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Ok, time to step things up a bit.

As advised by many, I'm going to post gym fails as they occur.
The higher sets are where form goes to shit, so here is my attempt at 630, quivering leg and all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYcbdBP_7os

Hold no punches!
Thanks, everyone.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
No punches bro! And I'm no expert. It was an amazing attempt.
You almost had it.... And that was a helluva load of weight!

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I think the milf in purple distracted you. Or maybe the guy throwing knees on the track?

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
GA was this the same day as the 605 and 625 pull?

Dude you were so close. You'll have it soon.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Your problem wasn't technique here. You are on a roll. Change nothing.

What happened here is you pulled 605 625 then this 630. You were TIRED so the low back rounded a bit which makes it hard to lock the hips. Had I been there I would have cut you off at 625 based on bar speed.

That's all.

The 605 went up like a joke kid... fleeeeewww off the floor.

Powder your thighs next time with J & J baby powder. That's the only thing that might have helped.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
^^^^^^ what pob. Said. I was going to ask how any sets you had already performed with bow much rest. Very explosive. Epic beard.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Damn! What, maybe a inch or two shy of locking out that after two huge other pulls! You're a machine brother, stay safe!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Looked good but you didn't finish your pull. You didn't shoot those hips forward. This could be the fact you were going after a 3rd PR this day.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
GA was this the same day as the 605 and 625 pull?

Yessir. Left hand grip gave out on the 605 but the speed was there so I went for a 20 lbs jump. Grip gave out on the right hand that time so I knew I wasn't concentrating correctly. I said "Fuxk it!" on the third - didn't wanna try for 625 again so upped it 5 lbs. 630 is all day... gimme another 10 weeks, put me in a singlet with baby powdered thighs and snow-white hands, gimme a deadlift bar and things will get ugly. 630 might be my opener!

Your problem wasn't technique here. You are on a roll. Change nothing.

What happened here is you pulled 605 625 then this 630. You were TIRED so the low back rounded a bit which makes it hard to lock the hips. Had I been there I would have cut you off at 625 based on bar speed.

That's all.

The 605 went up like a joke kid... fleeeeewww off the floor.

Powder your thighs next time with J & J baby powder. That's the only thing that might have helped.

Word. Good look. I was wondering a few things:
1. Why my legs started quivering really bad
2. Why I was unable to shoot my hips forward. It was like they were taken completely out of the lift at the end.

^^^^^^ what pob. Said. I was going to ask how any sets you had already performed with bow much rest. Very explosive. Epic beard.

Rest was ridiculous - prob about 7-10 minutes between each set. That was a huge problem for me... waiting around and wanting to pull. Eventually I'd just get up and pull, not giving myself enough time. Plus I would pace back and forth a lot in between sets... now I sit on my fat ass and chill. It went as follows: (for singles) 315, 405, 455, 505, 555, 605, 625, 630. 135 for 5, 225 for 3 at the beginning...

Damn! What, maybe a inch or two shy of locking out that after two huge other pulls! You're a machine brother, stay safe!

Thanks my dude. I feel great this week - back was sore but not painful. Lower back is kicking major ass lately!

I think the milf in purple distracted you. Or maybe the guy throwing knees on the track?

I didn't notice the guy on the track until you mentioned it and I've seen that video a thousand times already hahaha.
Your Gay-dar is in full effect.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
GA when your legs are shaking like that it is usually a transfer of power from one muscle group to another trying to maintain balance when in a precarious position. I think it is actually part of the stretch reflex. The spinal chord receives a signal that a muscle is stretching. So to maintain balance there are excitatory interneurons and inhibitory interneurons. One causes contraction the other prevents contraction. Ever be walking along and step off a curb you didn't see cause you weren't paying attention? The leg that suddenly drops and lands kinda wobbles around. That's the same thing happening there. It's a response from the nervous system.

Like I said previously about why you couldn't get the hips forward. Your low back ties into that. Round your lower back over and it becomes much more difficult to push the hips through. I actually injured my lower back on a 585 block pull months ago by lifting with a rounded lower back and at the top forcing my hips through as hard as I could. Felt a nice crunch in the low back and haven't pulled conventional since. I can't do it.

Plus you were tired as hell. If you're having grip problems with 605 you probably could use a deload.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
GA when your legs are shaking like that it is usually a transfer of power from one muscle group to another trying to maintain balance when in a precarious position. I think it is actually part of the stretch reflex. The spinal chord receives a signal that a muscle is stretching. So to maintain balance there are excitatory interneurons and inhibitory interneurons. One causes contraction the other prevents contraction. Ever be walking along and step off a curb you didn't see cause you weren't paying attention? The leg that suddenly drops and lands kinda wobbles around. That's the same thing happening there. It's a response from the nervous system.

Like I said previously about why you couldn't get the hips forward. Your low back ties into that. Round your lower back over and it becomes much more difficult to push the hips through. I actually injured my lower back on a 585 block pull months ago by lifting with a rounded lower back and at the top forcing my hips through as hard as I could. Felt a nice crunch in the low back and haven't pulled conventional since. I can't do it.

Plus you were tired as hell. If you're having grip problems with 605 you probably could use a deload.

That's very fascinating!

And the deload is right on time then... don't hit anything close to heavy on deads for three weeks after: one week off, then the next Saturday is squats and speed pulls. Peaking is so fuxking cool - I'm guessing this is how it works huh?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic