Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Lilliebridge brothers both hit World Record totals this weekend.

• Thread starter porky little keg
  • Start Date
porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I was really impressed with both Ernie Jr and Eric at the meet this weekend. It's been a while since I've seen them actually in a meet ( since they have been traveling so much for meets)....

Eric smashed a 970 squat ( world record) and took 1003 only to fall backwards with it on the way up. He benched in the upper 500s and pulled 854 ( 880 just popped out of his hand at the top) for an all time world record raw total.

Ernie Jr hit an 804 raw squat ( at 198), a mid/ upper 400 bench, and a 771 deadlift for a world record total at 198..... over a 2000lb raw total at 198!

I know that they catch a lot of flak online for how simple their training manual is, but it's clearly working for them. The best part is that they are still absolutely cool to everyone. Kids and novice guys were lining up to talk to them and they were polite and sincere with everyone. Really an absolute class act.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
.............I know that they catch a lot of flak online for how simple their training manual is, but it's clearly working for them. The best part is that they are still absolutely cool to everyone. Kids and novice guys were lining up to talk to them and they were polite and sincere with everyone. Really an absolute class act.

That's Awesome. The fact they don't let it get to their head is incredible. I'd love to just be able to talk to Sr sometime.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Insane weights.

Did he get hurt when he fell with the 1003?

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Insane weights.

Did he get hurt when he fell with the 1003?

Usually in the monolift and when someone is squatting 750 pounds or more there are about 5 or more spotters surrounding the person.

So he probably drifted backwards and the spotters would have jumped in immideatly .

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
There is a lot of controvery on Ernie Jr's squat and the gal that broke the 132 lb record. Lift.net has the vids but PK, I wondered your thoughts on what you thought. I know the family. We're not super tight but we know each other. I just wanted someone's opinion who was there. Camera angles can be misleading.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
This is stunning. Just insane poundages that stretch the imagination of what is possible.
Simple programs yield incredible results!

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
God Damn! And I was all excited about seeing a 198 squat 675 at my wife's meet this weekend lol...

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
The Lillibridge family are some strong individuals. Good people. Very family oriented.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
There is a lot of controvery on Ernie Jr's squat and the gal that broke the 132 lb record. Lift.net has the vids but PK, I wondered your thoughts on what you thought. I know the family. We're not super tight but we know each other. I just wanted someone's opinion who was there. Camera angles can be misleading.

There's controversy among the nobodies over every big lift... LOL..... bunch of angry little gym rats.... LOL

I was at the meet about 10 feet behind the judges ( diagonal from the front and side judge)..... I saw all of the lifts in person.

Janel's 407 squat was legit for sure. She hammered that thing.
Jr's squats were all textbook. So were Eric's..... other than his G when he lost balance.

It's hard to judge a lifter without being right at the side and at level like the judges are. With big thighs etc... it can skew depth...... and really, the big issue is that the online kiddos don't know how to judge.
All rule books call for the crease at the hip to break the plane of the top of the knee..... all of them. These guys online think that you get extra points for going 3" deeper than you need to or something.

Rest assured that if they knew ANYTHING about powerlifting they'd recognize the Godfather of powerlifting, Ernie Frantz in one of the judges chairs as well as a long time WPC judge, Tom Carnaghi in another chair.
Even with a newer, but still credible, judge in the third chair it's no doubt that there weren't any gifts given that day..... but the kids online don't know this. They haven't been around long enough to know the judges or what to look for.

The one justified piece of criticism the Lilliebridge's have gotten is from Ernie Sr spotting really close on some lifts..... so, for all of the lifts that counted they swapped out Sr for another back spotter who purposely kept his hands way off to make sure that there was no doubt....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic