Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Lifting shoes

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
So I'm thinking of asking my family to get me a new pair of lifting/Oly shoes for my birthday so I can use them for the PL'ing meet. Not sure on which ones to ask for. I have the Adidas powerlift 2.0 and while they're great for the price, I know there are much better ones out there. I have been looking at Adidas Adipowers, Nike Romaleos II, and the new Ristos. What shoe do you other fat and ugly PL'ers use and why? The shoe would be primarily for squats, front squats, press, etc. I've been deadlifting barefoot now and RPS allows you to do so at a meet as well so no worries about heel or sole height.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I deadlift in socks only.

For squats I wear Rogue Do-Wins.

dowin-5.jpg

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I'm sure BrotherIron will have ideas about this.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I use the Adidas AdiPowers but they are a bit pricey ($199). They are truly impressive and great. I'm glad I bough them but also let's be honest. I got them b/c some crack head broke into my truck and stole 2k worth of training equipment and I got 1500 from the insurance company so I spared no expense.

For the money, the best shoe on the market are the Pendalys 2014. They are exactly like the Nike Romaleos but for MUCH less.

Here you go....

http://www.pendlay.com/2014-Pendlay-Weightlifting-Shoes--Mens-BlackLime-Free-Shipping-_p_1249.html

pendlay.jpg

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
My Rogue Do-Wins are coming apart and I was already thinking about replacing them and now after seeing this thread I realized they don't make them anymore???

Thanks for the post BI. I will look into those.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
FML that neon green is hideous though....

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I have suede do-wins that are ten years old. They have a hell of a heel on them and I'm used to that. I have been told I need to upgrade but I really like my shoes.
I noticed today that they are starting to come away from the sole.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
My Rogue Do-Wins are coming apart and I was already thinking about replacing them and now after seeing this thread I realized they don't make them anymore???

Thanks for the post BI. I will look into those.

Find a cobbler and he can probably fix them. See what he'll charge and if it's to pricey I'd say get a new pair.

For those that don't know.... DoWins work great for people with wide feet.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I have suede do-wins that are ten years old. They have a hell of a heel on them and I'm used to that. I have been told I need to upgrade but I really like my shoes.
I noticed today that they are starting to come away from the sole.

Find a cobbler RR and see if they can repair them. If not check out the pair I posted above.

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
Thanks for the advice everyone.

BI: I have fat feet lol but I'm torn between the Ristos and the Adipowers. POB and DYS suggested the Ristos and I agree their an amazing shoe but I'm worried about their lack of breathability. I swear like a pig and it gets hot in my gym during the summer. The Adipowers are much better in this regard but also more money. Maybe I should just ask for both lol. I hate the fact you can't go to a store and try the shoes on to see which fits better.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Thanks for the advice everyone.

BI: I have fat feet lol but I'm torn between the Ristos and the Adipowers. POB and DYS suggested the Ristos and I agree their an amazing shoe but I'm worried about their lack of breathability. I swear like a pig and it gets hot in my gym during the summer. The Adipowers are much better in this regard but also more money. Maybe I should just ask for both lol. I hate the fact you can't go to a store and try the shoes on to see which fits better.

You think me and POB don't have sweaty ass feet? We are both ginzos.

Ill be be the first to admit that the ristos are the only oly shoe I've ever used, but I am picky about shoes I train in in general, and I love them.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Yeah my gym has no a/c and is on the 4th floor of a brick building. I change my socks twice per day in the winter three times in summer. I own stock in gold bond and lotrimin. My ristos are the least stinky shoe I own.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic