Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Dead Lift Form Critique

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Go a head and lemme have it, I can take it.

Last edited by a moderator:
StrongLyfe

StrongLyfe

Mr. Worxx
Aug 25, 2012
Good job, and you had some left in the tank for a few more

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Looks a lot better than my fail! Thanks for putting that up. I'm hoping to learn too

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Looks pretty solid to me.. I'm no level 999 expert but you seem to be keeping your back flat not arching and bringing your hips up at the proper time to drive through

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
lol at worxxxxxy

Turbo that isn't all that bad. Couple recommendations. First off, when you approach the bar don't bend over to grab it. You need to drop down to it by hinging at the hips. Think about performing a deadlift in the reverse in order to get down to the bar. Step 1 stick ass back and allow torso to fall forward about 45 degrees. Focus on keeping weight on the heels. Step 2 grab the bar, get teh chest up and pull.

A video of you pulling for a set of 10 doesn't really show any breakdown though. If you really want to make a difference in technique load up the bar with near maximal or maximal weight and post that. I've mentioned that to you before. Anyone's form is going to be perfect at 275lbs...

Also, stop the touch and go stuff. There was a couple that looked like you didn't even set it down.

Finally, put the belt on higher up your gut. Not too much further than it is, maybe a couple inches. Then use that big freaking belly to your advantage. Take a big air at the top, get down to the bar and use the gut to push off the thighs. It'll work like a suit, an artificial stretch reflex kind of thing. Put the gut in the way of your path down to the bar and you'll have to pull yourself down to the bar and crush your stomach to get the other hand on. THen boom you'll pop right off the ground.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Doesn't look bad. Tension those hips, glutes, and hams when you set up. Pull up and back.

The biggest thing like POB said is you need to load that bar to see where your form breaks down. Put some weight on that bar and perform a triple so we can see more.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
A video of you pulling for a set of 10 doesn't really show any breakdown though. If you really want to make a difference in technique load up the bar with near maximal or maximal weight and post that. I've mentioned that to you before. Anyone's form is going to be perfect at 275lbs...

I know, I remember you telling me. I wasn't being stubborn, I'm just not ready to pull higher % yet. I thought this would be a start.

Thanks for the advice. I Will work on it.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
One thing I'd also suggest is doing less reps per set. You wanna do 10 reps then do 5 doubles. Set up correctly each time and don't touch and go with it being light.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
lol at worxxxxxy

Turbo that isn't all that bad. Couple recommendations. First off, when you approach the bar don't bend over to grab it. You need to drop down to it by hinging at the hips. Think about performing a deadlift in the reverse in order to get down to the bar. Step 1 stick ass back and allow torso to fall forward about 45 degrees. Focus on keeping weight on the heels. Step 2 grab the bar, get teh chest up and pull.

Also, stop the touch and go stuff. There was a couple that looked like you didn't even set it down.

Finally, put the belt on higher up your gut. Not too much further than it is, maybe a couple inches. Then use that big freaking belly to your advantage. Take a big air at the top, get down to the bar and use the gut to push off the thighs. It'll work like a suit, an artificial stretch reflex kind of thing. Put the gut in the way of your path down to the bar and you'll have to pull yourself down to the bar and crush your stomach to get the other hand on. THen boom you'll pop right off the ground.

Sheet, you know your craft brah

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
PoB and BI nailed it......

Start your pull by grabbing the bar. Squeeze your back tight and then sit back. You'll feel your hamstrings pull tight - that's going to help pop off of the floor. Honestly, with this light of a weight you'll probably have the bar 2" off the floor by the time you really wedge in. If you need a visual cue, try keeping your knees and ankles in line, shins vertical.

The belt is definitely too low. It's causing you to hunch to get to the bar.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic