Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Smolov Full Squat cycle tips and upperbody work

N

Nightmare

Mar 5, 2014
I'm thinking of starting a smolov squat cycle soon and i was wondering if anyone on here had any tips and what they did with regards to upperbody work.
I'm planning on doing a pretty dirty bulking during this cycle, is it true you still lose bodyfat?
Also at the moment I doing this cycle natural. I might change this and add Growth Hormone but im not sure yet.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I have found with Smolov, that since you are squatting so much, that your upper body tends to suffer strength wise regardless of what you do. Some try to do the Smolv squat and bench together but its a shit ton of volume and it would be a recipe for injury. Essentially what its built for is to focus only on your squat and lower body. I would assume that once you obtain your goals you could transition into a full body routine.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I would do very basic upper body onece or twice a week. Like OHP and pull up one day and bench, row the next. I wouldn't be standing around doing curls and such, but that's just me. If you have unlimited time and energy, knock yourself out.

U

Usealittle

Feb 15, 2012
Old thread... But...

your gonna need to up your calorie intake about 1000k Ed to keep up with the workout and to keep from dropping weight left and right.

i did smolov and on top of my food I already ate I added in 1large pizza and about 3/4 a gallon of 1% milk every day! In doing thins in 5 wks I lost 1lb! While putting 65lbs on my squat.

Imo if your gonna do upper body keep it short and sweet or you will not be able to keep up with the next days squat session... Jmo.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic