Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Still Get Sore?

B

bikeman

Nov 8, 2014
Any of you guys still get sore the next day from a workout? I've always associated getting sore with getting bigger and growing muscle. I noticed when I control the weight and go slow I can still be pretty sore the next day even though I'm not keep lifting heavy weight anymore. When I left heavy the only thing sore is my joints.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
im always sore after a workout..On gear I dont feel it as much but still sore

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
yeah but it's the worst when I'm not properly hydrated and/or foam rolling on a regular basis.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Joints sore the day after going heavy, 2 days after volume training I feel it in the muscle group worked

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Any of you guys still get sore the next day from a workout? I've always associated getting sore with getting bigger and growing muscle. I noticed when I control the weight and go slow I can still be pretty sore the next day even though I'm not keep lifting heavy weight anymore. When I left heavy the only thing sore is my joints.

If you're mixing it up, you betcha. If you constantly do the same routine, you won't get sore. If you start slowing, controlling the weight using iso holds, ect... and doing it correctly, you isolate better and don't use as many of the surrounding muscles.

It's the only way I train anymore and works. If you do it for a while and go back to heavy, there's a good chance you will be sore but have the sore joints as well.

I'm gettin' to old and brittle for heavy stuff any more but heavy is not the only way to go.

It's also possible that when you go heavy, you are going to heavy and don't work the muscle properly.

H

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I'm always sore after a layoff even if its only a week. Otherwise I only get sore if I go super heavy and as stated above, the joints suffer as well.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
You foam roll daily?

Yeah. I usually hit my regular spots daily which are thoracic (vertical), erectors (horizontal) and vastus medialis (tear drop)

Then about once a week I hit all spots - delts (lacross ball), lats, pec minor, pec major, hams, glutes, and calves (lacross ball or stick), rhomboids (lacross ball)

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I only get muscle soreness (DOMS) if I do an exercise I haven't done in a while, or if I take some time off.

Joint soreness is a totally different story. Almost always get sore knees for a day or two after squats.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I never get sore unless I switch to an exercise I have not done in a long time, or I take a week off.

Other than that, I lift heavy consistently and have zero soreness. (muscular)

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
With an ever changing program I always get some soreness.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I almost never get sore in my muscles these days and when I do it lasts less than a day, and my joints are only sore once in a while when I push the really heavy weights. Otherwise, I am not sore at all.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic