Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

glucosamine. what are your thoughts.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
With 40 approaching in the next month and a half I have begun to notice more aches and stiffness in some of the joints. Haven't used otc. Supplements in years, never glucosamine. Just curious as to everyone's opinions towards it.

Thanks

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
It can be useful to a lot of people, although I do think it should be viewed with a long-term approach rather than something you are just going to run a few bottles of. I've been using a shellfish-free Glucosamine for a number of years now purely as a preventative; not sure that I notice anything directly from it but considering the amount of running I do my knees, hips and joints in general are ache and pain free. I do feel that it is helping, even if that is simply due to helping the preservation of cartilage.

One thing to bear in mind is that it is relatively slow to start working (general consensus is anywhere from 4-8 weeks); synergistically it pairs really well with a good quality Omega 3 as this will provide a certain degree of anti-inflammatory benefits. Dosage wise I would be aiming for at least 1,000mg/day but ideally probably closer to 2,000mg.

Just my 2c, cheers MF.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I take it. It seems to help.

If I run out and am too lazy to go get some for about two weeks I seem to notice more aches in my joints.

So I would say give it a try.

Also, if you're having aches and joint pain, try cutting down on your wheat and dairy consumption. These foods cause inflammation and swelling in the body.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
If I run out and am too lazy to go get some for about two weeks I seem to notice more aches in my joints.
That's also what a lot of our customers say.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
MSM is a sulphur compound Turbo. Some supplement companies include it with their glucosamine as it has been show to help reduce pain by reducing inflammation and protecting against oxidative damage. Prolonged oxidative damage can eventually begin to cause cellular damage, so again it's really all about prevention.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Beautiful plug on your wall by the way Turbo, it's very um, masculine.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Works best with chondroitin. I prefer joint command by prosource. Give it a look at there site. I've been using it for years.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic