Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Rampage's log

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
For the past few weeks I been trying out different programs to see which one I want to commit too.. Found a program called 'Project Mass', which I started today.

My stats:
Weight: 170lbs
Height: 5'10
Been lifting for a few years now, but had a few injuries in between, and after that it felt I had to start from square one all over again and it took me a while to get the motivation that I once had but lately I been feelin' pretty good.

Day 1: Leg strength

Cardio for 8 minutes

Resting 3 minutes in-between sets;

Barbell squat:
barx5
135x3
155x3
175x3x2

Barbell deadlift:
barx5
135x3
155x3
185x3
195x3

Hack squat:
180x3
230x3
250x3x2

Romanian Deadlift: <-
first time doing this

75x3
95x3
125x3x2

Standing calf raise:

120x10x3

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
Also stacked up on some supplements last week; had been running low for the past few months. That adds some extra motivation
Preworkout
Protein
Vitamins

Was planning on getting some amino acids; but a friend said theres no point..

Eclipse73

Eclipse73

MuscleHead
Nov 13, 2014
New log-GREAT BROTHER!!!!!
Dr.Jacob Wilson program-the world is small ,my friend in fitness club train now with this program -7 weeks
He is satisfied with the results -I want to train with this one,but I can't use this program because the strength part is to heavy for mij damaged joints
Rampage good luck man!!!!!!
I looked here

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Been missing you brother! Glad to see this. Great workout!

Eclipse73

Eclipse73

MuscleHead
Nov 13, 2014
Hey bro
I made a mistake!!!
I saw my friend today-and I sad that one guy from TID train with the same program as he ,but it's not true-my friend train with program of Jacob Wilson ,but ""High-Frequency Program""not "Project Mass"
I apologize for misleading-I did not this in purpose-He said to me that he train with one program from dr.Wilson and I thought that it was this program

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
Been missing you brother! Glad to see this. Great workout!

Missed you too b. And thanks man, glad to be back on the log grind and working out on a program grind.
I just need to stay consistent and motivated now!

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
Hey bro
I made a mistake!!!
I saw my friend today-and I sad that one guy from TID train with the same program as he ,but it's not true-my friend train with program of Jacob Wilson ,but ""High-Frequency Program""not "Project Mass"
I apologize for misleading-I did not this in purpose-He said to me that he train with one program from dr.Wilson and I thought that it was this program

Haha no worries at all man, you were close! Thanks for checking in anyways

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
Tuesday:
cardio for 8 minutes on bike*

Push strength:

Barbell bench press:
barx6
155x3x4

Incline bench press:
barx6
80x3
90x3x3

Overhead press:

I couldn't find a squat rack for this or a barbell so I just used the straight bar

60x3
70x3x3

Close-grip bench press:
barx5
75x3x4

I didn't really use my full strength.. I don't know why.. I just wanted to have good form, and start light with this program so I can continuously add weights as this program goes on, rather than starting off with max weights and then struggling to add on weights.. I don't know if this approach was correct or not.:s

Eclipse73

Eclipse73

MuscleHead
Nov 13, 2014
Tuesday:
cardio for 8 minutes on bike*

Push strength:

Barbell bench press:
barx6
155x3x4

Incline bench press:
barx6
80x3
90x3x3

Overhead press:

I couldn't find a squat rack for this or a barbell so I just used the straight bar

60x3
70x3x3

Close-grip bench press:
barx5
75x3x4

I didn't really use my full strength.. I don't know why.. I just wanted to have good form, and start light with this program so I can continuously add weights as this program goes on, rather than starting off with max weights and then struggling to add on weights.. I don't know if this approach was correct or not.:s

Hey brother
I think that you do good-this is the first contact with new program,now you need to ""feel"the weigths for each execises-that is normal
Next training -you know moore
And IMHO weigth is very important,but not the most important-technique is important too.There are of course more "thinks"-but we don't talk about it now
I think that you need good think about increase/add weigths every training-not to much but also not to small-usually if the weigths go to fast up (each training) -this is the reason of stagnation
Slowly but forward,and this is good for your joints and tendons too

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
You may want to consider that changing routines frequently is how to stimulate change as the nervous system will eventually adjust . Try committing six to eight weeks then switching. To make changes over time you need to change , but can always go back to certain routine then switch again to avoid staleness. That is the principle of cycling, of periodization as the body will adjust to the stimulation we place on it. Not merely just the weight we use or the exercises but even the manner in which we perform even the most minut part of our workouts . That is the key to always making progress, you need time for each routine to work but then shock the nervous system with change results in change

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
Hey brother
I think that you do good-this is the first contact with new program,now you need to ""feel"the weigths for each execises-that is normal
Next training -you know moore
And IMHO weigth is very important,but not the most important-technique is important too.There are of course more "thinks"-but we don't talk about it now
I think that you need good think about increase/add weigths every training-not to much but also not to small-usually if the weigths go to fast up (each training) -this is the reason of stagnation
Slowly but forward,and this is good for your joints and tendons too

You're definitely on point with this man!! Thanks

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
You may want to consider that changing routines frequently is how to stimulate change as the nervous system will eventually adjust . Try committing six to eight weeks then switching. To make changes over time you need to change , but can always go back to certain routine then switch again to avoid staleness. That is the principle of cycling, of periodization as the body will adjust to the stimulation we place on it. Not merely just the weight we use or the exercises but even the manner in which we perform even the most minut part of our workouts . That is the key to always making progress, you need time for each routine to work but then shock the nervous system with change results in change

Yeah it took me a while to figure out that I should be switching it up after a while, I did the 5x5 program for a while; I actually really liked that program but I'll be switching things up every so often now; there are plenty of programs out there.
And this program I'm supposed to run for 14 weeks according to the guy who made it; after that I will definitely switch it up too something else

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic