Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Back for a cut

S

stevemc

Nov 19, 2011
Hey Bros I'm looking for some sources to do my macros and some info on what my percentages should be for cutting. 2 low and 1 high day of carbs worked great for me in the past to lean out so I may try that or a conventional cut I'm not sure. atm I'm 200 20%bf or so and 5"9.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Are you looking to hire someone to write you a diet?

S

stevemc

Nov 19, 2011
Well I'm sure I can do that myself I just keep reading mixed info on cals. I always thought carbs should be lower then my protein intake but I'm reading mixed and calcs are giving me different answers. Since when are carbs the rest of your cals after protein and fats are figured out? That dosent seem right to me.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Well I'm sure I can do that myself I just keep reading mixed info on cals. I always thought carbs should be lower then my protein intake but I'm reading mixed and calcs are giving me different answers. Since when are carbs the rest of your cals after protein and fats are figured out? That dosent seem right to me.
There is 4700 ways to skin a cat. So long as your calories are in a deficit and your protein intake is adequate it doesn't matter. I prefer to calculate fats last only because they contain more calories per gram and I tend to be less generous with them if I am just using then to round out my total intake.

I prefer carbs to take up 50 to 60 percent of total calories when cutting that way I have plenty of energy even in a deficit.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Bingo, what POB stated.

It takes a while for the idea of calories being the most important part to sink in as opposed to this much protein, and this much carbohydrate.

But just make sure to be at a deficit and you'll be fine.

:)

S

stevemc

Nov 19, 2011
So what results have you seen cutting this way. I can go a few days without much carbs but more then 3 is when I relapse.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
So what results have you seen cutting this way. I can go a few days without much carbs but more then 3 is when I relapse.

Using the counting your macros and eating at a deficit setup, I went from 265 down to 244.

I'm back up now to 270 but that's only because I stopped counting and just ate anything and anyone around me.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
There is 4700 ways to skin a cat. So long as your calories are in a deficit and your protein intake is adequate it doesn't matter. I prefer to calculate fats last only because they contain more calories per gram and I tend to be less generous with them if I am just using then to round out my total intake.

I prefer carbs to take up 50 to 60 percent of total calories when cutting that way I have plenty of energy even in a deficit.

I agree totally man and you won't hear many bodybuilders say that. I tried it this last time and felt better than I have on any cut. It's not like I was cutting for a show so it didn't matter what I looked like during the cut as long as I got the job done and felt healthier doing it.

H

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
So obviously low carb isn't your thing right?

S

stevemc

Nov 19, 2011
With a refeed day I could probably do it. But I'm going to take your advice a just hop on a regular cut. Now to write a damn diet up lol **** I love food but I hate dealing with these numbers.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011

The results are feeling better, being flat won't be a big issue, more strength and less stress on cheating.

I try to cut slow. 1 1/2 to 2 lbs a week. The slower you cut, the more muscle you save and the better you feel.

Just google maintenance calorie calculator. Find your maintenance cals, run em for about 3 weeks and see if you gain, lose or stay the same. The calculators are pretty much a guestamation. People are different but the calculators don't know that even if the same numbers are put into them. It will take 3 weeks of consistent cals and activity to see where your at. Everything should stay the same for accuracy.

It will take you longer to cut but what you learn will be lasting and worth it. When I say lasting I mean you can do the opposite on a bulk. If you run it like this, you can achieve slow gains the same as the slow loss and never be 20% again.

3500 cals a week = 1lb, which will mean-

500cals a day will = 1lb per wk

750cals a day will = 1.5lb per wk

1000cals a day will = 2lbs per wk

It's all part of learning your body.

H

S

stevemc

Nov 19, 2011
Ya your right the slower the better.. I appreciate your input I stopped using gear over a year ago so I'm really trying to get back in the game.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic