Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

A-Rod admitted steroid use in exchange for immunity: Miami Herald

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- New York Yankees star Alex Rodriguez admitted to steroid use in a closed-door meeting with federal officials in January in exchange for immunity from prosecution, even as he publicly continued to deny the charges, according to a report in the Miami Herald. Rodriguez, who played third base for the Yankees, last week completed his 162-game suspension, allowing him to play for the Yankees next season. The Miami Herald said it had reviewed a 15-page synopsis of Rodriguez's meeting with federal officials, in which he described how Anthony Bosch, who sold him steroids, gave him tips to avoid being caught by Major League Baseball's drug-testing program.

I would be curious what steroids he was using and at what dosages.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I am curious myself. Also want to know about the testing itself.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Never ceases to amaze me the crazed witch-hunts your government goes on for performance enhancing drug users.

I don't think any other country on the earth does this.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Never ceases to amaze me the crazed witch-hunts your government goes on for performance enhancing drug users.

As a USA-type person, I would love to argue, but I obviously have no defense. Pisses US off too.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Yeah he said he was spending $12,000 a month on gear and hgh. I would assume thats mostly on some fine RX HGH..

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010

certainly not perfect Canada anyway.
its all about$ and headlines. Busting a big time athlete who will never do time means so much more of both than a little street crack or heroin junkie who sells to support their own habit and does 10yrs.

i don't know if anyone besides myself bothered to read the entire lance Armstrong indictment, but it was a joke. Both from the what an asshole perspective and the investigation.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
its all about$ and headlines. Busting a big time athlete who will never do time means so much more of both than a little street crack or heroin junkie who sells to support their own habit and does 10yrs.

i don't know if anyone besides myself bothered to read the entire lance Armstrong indictment, but it was a joke. Both from the what an asshole perspective and the investigation.

OK; I get the media angle for the headlines and $$$ but it seems like a huge waste of government resources for zero return.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Let's say I am a DEA,FDA,USDA or whatever SAC or head honcho. I do my job everyday, or make sure my agents do their job busting intercity dealers and junkies. Does the average white bread 66 year old voter give two shits? Nope.
now when I make huge splashy headlines by outing a sports hero who will face no criminal sanctions but ride the news wheel for weeks. The same joe or Jane says, Wow! Monsoons really making a difference in the war on drugs, right. Plus it distracts joe and jane voter from the other crap that my bosses are F'ing up in Washington.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I thought it had been reported earlier that he was running GH and primo.

T

texastea

May 1, 2013

In fairness, the government didn't target the user in this case - Rodriquez; the supplier - Bosch - was the target. In fact, Rodriguez was given immunity.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic