Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Interesting article on why people squat differently

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
Good info here. I hate when people try to make my stance wider. It hurts to put my feet out there and what's more I collapse like a squashed frog between my own knees.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
The ankle plays a big role too. Look at 400lb gorilla squat. He has a pronated ankle. Not good for generating power.

Someone with a neutral to supinated ankle can generate more force.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
The ankle plays a big role too. Look at 400lb gorilla squat. He has a pronated ankle. Not good for generating power.

Someone with a neutral to supinated ankle can generate more force.

POB, sorry im so dumb but what is a pronated ankle and what is a neutral or supinated ankle. I wonder what I have?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Safe_Range.jpg

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I think I might have a supination.

But POB....what about when your feet are totally pancake flat? How does that effect your squat?

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I personally think the flatter the feet the better. Someone go back on the heels to prevent them fro
coming forward. I have a bit of trouble with this but since I widened my stance, I don't feel myself pitching forward. I also lift my big toe, don't know if that is some BS trick or not but it seems to help. I like how Mark Rippentoe explains the squat.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I personally think the flatter the feet the better. Someone go back on the heels to prevent them fro
coming forward. I have a bit of trouble with this but since I widened my stance, I don't feel myself pitching forward. I also lift my big toe, don't know if that is some BS trick or not but it seems to help. I like how Mark Rippentoe explains the squat.

That is interesting. I seem to do ok. You saw the vid with who was teaching me. I always push through my heels. Thats correct, right?

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I love this article, and have seen people struggle through squats because they refuse to try something that works better

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic