Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Method question

D

dzul25

Oct 10, 2014
Hello all,

I have been doing what i would consider a fair amount of research lately on different programs and methods. These questions pertain to the westside conjugate method.
I understand the Max Effort and Dynamic Effort methods. My questions involve squat/deadlift. For simplicity i will set up a week workout example and base my questions off that. For now lets ignore accessory work and focus on Main Movement.

Monday
Max Effort Bench

Tuesday
Max Effort Squat/Dead

Thursday
Dynamic Bench

Friday
Dynamic Squat/Dead

Assume training at same time of day each day would result in 71 hours between training sessions.
Heres the questions. On Tuesday if i decide to do ME squat, on friday do i dynamic squat and dynamic dead?
On Tuesday of the following week Do i ME dead and on friday do I DE squat and dead?

Any help would be much appreciated, even an example 6 week format would be awesome.

Thanks in advance

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
That is correct. You choose one of the main lifts for Mac effort day, alternating each week. Then you'll do a form of squats and deads on dynamic effort day, instead of only one.

D

dzul25

Oct 10, 2014
Also, on dynamic day i do the same variation for three weeks then switch?

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
You got it bud. Every 3 weeks for intermediate lifters, and every week for experienced lifters.

D

dzul25

Oct 10, 2014
Thanks brother!!

Any others have advice? what works for you, what does not? Anyhting helps!

D

dzul25

Oct 10, 2014
Another question... Example, ME bench day i am working up to that max 1rms of the 8-12 sets. If i nail the last set (set 12) and have more in the tank do i go ahead with another set (set 13) or do i go by the guidlines?

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
I don't think there is a textbook answer to this question. Most elite guys will tell you, just do what you feel. It's max effort day, if you've got another heavy set in you, go for it. Just don't fail. Powerlifters, we don't train to muscle failure. Leave a rep or 3 in the tank at all times. But if you're feeling like a ****ing grizzly that day.. bang another single or double.

D

dzul25

Oct 10, 2014
Awesome! Thanks again. I am working on a spreadsheet right now to post up for critiquing(have up by this weekend). Then i will start a log.

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
Sounds great bro. Glad to be of assistance.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Some good advice already..... some outdated.

The last time I was out at westside, both them and the sweatt shop were doing 3-4 week waves for their auxiliary stuff - not rotating every week.
Pick 3-4 auxiliary movements and try to increase each one 10 lbs a week for 3 weeks, then reset and start new movements. The next time you come back to the first set of movements start at the weights you ended with.

Your ME movement rotates between a squat, a deadlift, and a good morning.
On speed day you'd do a squat variation with accommodating resistance and a deadlift variation.

D

dzul25

Oct 10, 2014
Thanks guys so far. I am trying to post my routine but it does not allow me to upload excell or word documents so i will have to type it all out again on here.

D

dzul25

Oct 10, 2014
Well i got some pictures of my spread sheet uploaded i think. Next post will have the last week of it. SO this is what i have planned out. The first week is getting accommodated to the system then after that is all in. Please critique as much as you would like. After this i will start a log to put up detail, i.e. nutritional info, max lifts, progress etc... Dont be bashfull, feel free to let me know what i am doing wrong.

Thank you in advance, all the pointers will help!!

Attachments

• conjugate 1.jpg
    conjugate 1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 295
  • conjugate 2.jpg
    conjugate 2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 306
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic