Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

HDL cholesterol

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
Well, my bloodwork came back and no big surprise, my HDL is very low. 11 to be exact on a fasted blood draw. I typically hover in the high teens low 20s but this is definitely the lowest.

I'm looking for help. All I read about raising it says to be active (I'm active every day), lose excess weight (I'm below 9% bf), choose better dietary fats (right now I'm on a low fat diet), and drink alcohol in moderation (not drinking anything right now).

The only two things I can change is the fats and alcohol. Now I know alcohol and bodybuilding are not all that kosher together, but I've heard several times even from a cardiologist, to have at least one beer a day. Now if I were to do that, based on my training, when would be the best time to consume that? Before bed? Fats I'm going to address in my diet.

Any dietician wanna weigh in I'd appreciate it. I'm sure there are meds and after this show it may be time to go to the doc and get on something, for now I wanna try to raise it via other methods. Especially till I can get gear cleared from my system and get a good fair assessment.

I do take 4000mg fish oil ed and 1000 niacin. Apparently that doesn't have much bearing for me. Hormones I'm on are test, tren, mast, var, t3 and proviron.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Waiting for POB to chyme in and give his cholesterol speech....

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Lol is that good or bad?

Pob states, and I've also read a little, that cholesterol doesn't cause heart disease

And that cholesterol isn't as bad as it's made out to be.

Honestly, I don't know how true any of that is.

On my recent blood work (earlier this month), my cholesterol levels were all bad.

Niacin is sposed to raise good cholesterol, but if you're already on 1k MG then Idk what to do. I was gonna start Niacin and an herbal supplement a pharmacy friend sells.

If you wanna try the supp I'm gonna get, pm me your address and I'll send you a bottle and you can send me the green.

Last edited:
big bx

big bx

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2011
Curcumin. Make sure it's bsm95.
Vitamin K an k2.
Citrus bergamot.

Been doing research as I'm trying to get healthy overall.

big bx

big bx

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2011
Well didn't read the part you were are var an tren. Those two kill hdl's. If your trying to get healthy and wanna maintain go down to 200mg test a week an 3ius of gh. I'm maintaining way better than I thought an feel great.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I can only add that maybe the tren is throwing things off. I took a test while on a very light dose of tren and test for 20 weeks and my cholesteral was crazy high and hdl lowered a bit. Triglycerides were awesome though.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
RS I don't see where you say you are on Tren and Var, but (assuming that is true) I am too, and my cholesterol is in terrible shape. I am on a ketogenic diet, but am switching over from mainly animal fats to more vegetable fats, and am hoping that will help. If not, then by the new year I'll come off the Tren for good and look for something else to pair with my test for my blasts.

W

wsf

Dec 8, 2014
Everything I've read about steroids and PH indicates they cause havoc with liver function and therefore your lipids.
I've been on a 20mg daily dose of simvastatin (Zocor) for about 10 years and my lipid panels are good, HDL 45, LDL 108 and cholesterol 170. Statins, if you have to take them, do the job. But, I believe the statin also has been suppressing my testosterone because it's related metabolically to cholesterol. I'm considering stopping it because I am not at a high risk for heart disease. Diet CAN lower LDL and raise HDL but it's very hard for a bodybuilder because the foods you need to cut are the ones that build and support hypertrophy.

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
Its the tren.....I've personally tested this theory out and got these results

Test E 750mg a week HDL was 44
Add tren E@300mg a week <15
removed tren fo 8 weeks 41

As far as heart disease, HDL plays a significant role in it. So cycle on and off orals and Tren. HDL is responsible for prevention of LDL build up in coronary arteries as well as carotid arteries. So ou are t increased risk of Heart attack and stroke while your levels are in the toilet.

Im gonna repeat my own personally study with my base test and add 100mg of tren, then repeat bloodwork

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
It may just be hereditary...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic