Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Crossfit and Bodybuilding

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Mr Olympia Men's Physique competitor Steve Cook is starting a firestorm on social media by supporting CrossFit and promoting synergy between CF and Body Building
http://instagram.com/p/uO3zAmPcGs/

I know I'm about to start a huge fight but I couldn't help but notice amazing physiques while watching the CrossFit games. I know what most people say.. that these gentlemen represent the 1-2% of CrossFiters that look this way... BUT they also would represent the 1-2% of people in the gym that looks this way! My point is that for far too long there is been this big fight between cross fit and bodybuilders and it just doesn't need to exist. My plan is to do both on a very high level to show people they aren't opposites. I dare u to being an individual, to try new things, the things that you're not good at. That's what this life is all about getting better and weak areas I plan to better my physique by using and incorporating cross fit into my bodybuilding and vice versa. I'm doing this because I want to challenge myself to be something that doesn't fit a stereotype! Maybe I am a dreamer but I want to be different. Do u?

So you're telling me @CrossFit kills gains and ruins physiques?? Not buying it anymore
https://twitter.com/stevecook_32/status/522870363337023490

B0Gbz_bCUAArQbP.jpg

B0Gbz_QCcAAAXaC.jpg

B0Gbz_nCIAAVaYB.jpg

B0Gb0HYCQAAh6mC.jpg

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
The physique thing isn't the issue. Its the typical piss poor form and dumbass movements that are annoying to me. That and the CF bitches are always underfoot at our gym. Leaving shit or and taking up 101 stations up at a time

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
CF style of training doesn't belong in regular gyms, that's for sure.

As far as piss poor form, that can be seen from anyone and everyone involved in working out;
from "bodybuilders" to "powerlifters". There's wannabes in every category. I promise that you
won't see shitty form where we train. Also, there's really no such thing as perfect form.
http://www.liftbigeatbig.com/2013/03/the-myth-of-perfect-form.html

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Bodybuilders on the interwebz perception about CF is a bunch of bullshit with jumping jacks, crappy form, throwing weights,
broken backs, etc.

Reality is this:

Yesterday's workout

250# power cleans x 10
1000m Row
185# snatches x 6
19 pull ups
8 muscle ups
6 handstand push ups
for time 16:42

That was for my friend's birthday 10/16/1986

Evening (yes I did two workouts)
1 mile trail run
2000m row
1 mile trail run
for time 27:17

Most of the time I do those workouts with a 25# vest.

I know you're jacked as shit RedNeck but put the piss poor form aside because that's the exception.
Reality is there's some bad mother****ers tearing shit up with good form.

I'm not going to go watch a pee wee football game and say the problem with football is
shitty plays and missed tackles. Reality is, that's not football, that's kids learning the sport.
When you want to talk football, you almost always talk about college or pro.

Last edited:
monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
CF style of training doesn't belong in regular gyms, that's for
ml

Thankyou for that. I think that gyms are trying to cash in on the fad by throwing some med balls and straps in a corner then members trying to complete a CF work out have to fight regular members for a barbell.

secondly, I see some outstanding physiques from both the top male and female CFers. It's like anything else, you see some slobs calling themselves beers too.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
CTJ-I am a huge fan of extremely challenging work out; my problem with CrossFit – as I've said before – is there programming. As an Olympic lifter in a former life, you know for a fact that those CNS draining lifts are not meant to be done in high-volume, high quantity, or for time. that's where most of the injuries in CrossFit lie; so I feel like a lot of the stupidity from CrossFit comes from attempting to do movements like Oly lifts that aren't meant to be done the way to CrossFit is programmed in.

I also really think the CrossFit has turned a blind eye to the ramp at you severe; I'm completely a fan of using, but not a fan when you look at the top athletes and they claim to be natural – absolutely not the case. Most other sports at least recognize that a majority of the top level athletes are on some type of performance-enhancing drug, and I really wish CrossFit would just admit it.

Most folks are not going to attain the type of physiques you see at CrossFit games without either being genetically gifted, or a lot of gear use. Most human bodies cannot sustain that type of physical activity without some type of assistance.

I appreciate the fact that it's turning more folks on to strong man, Olympic lifting, powerlifting, etc. – I just want to make sure that it's done in a proper manner without pushing athletes to do things they're not prepared to do. in my travel, I sometimes go to CrossFit gyms if I cannot find a powerlifting gym – for the purposes only – and am appalled at how much some of the CrossFit certified instructors plus folks a few things for which they are not ready. I completely understand this happens in all sports – take a look at any stupid commercial gym – but it seems to be rampant in CrossFit.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
TA, Thats interesting. I'm learning here. Trying to learn as much as I can. I appreciate your post.

liftsiron

liftsiron

Jul 26, 2012
IMO in a gym, crossfit trainers should have their own room or training area, like aerobics, yoga etc. That way they don't bother the members who like to seriously train with weights and the weight trainers and crossfitters don't have equipment conflicts.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
CTJ-I am a huge fan of extremely challenging work out; my problem with CrossFit – as I've said before – is there programming. As an Olympic lifter in a former life, you know for a fact that those CNS draining lifts are not meant to be done in high-volume, high quantity, or for time. that's where most of the injuries in CrossFit lie; so I feel like a lot of the stupidity from CrossFit comes from attempting to do movements like Oly lifts that aren't meant to be done the way to CrossFit is programmed in.

Thank God I'm not the only one who has noticed this but then again I don't know anyone else who was an Oly lifter in the past here on TID.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
These people didn't build these physiques with crossfit. Crossfit hasn't been around long enough

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Thank God I'm not the only one who has noticed this but then again I don't know anyone else who was an Oly lifter in the past here on TID.

I agree and am a crossfitter. Kind of, 2 sessions. The place i decided to go with does more of a strength base and very few if any classic oly. Movements. As far as rednecks comments regarding form, I have seen some seriously shitty. Form from bb. Power lifters and general gym rats. At the end of the day a person needs to be educated in the selection of anything and know there end goals.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
The thing with 15 rep or 30 rep oly lifts is the weight is light. It's a time to work on form.
Nobody is doing those reps in my cf gym where they are screwing themselves up.
If you can't do it right...lower the weight and people do. We want people to get through
the workout correctly, not with an ego doing 15 snatches at 185 with terrible form
just to say you did it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic