Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Does Anyone Else Have High Glucose Levels?

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
So I got my lab work back from the Dr today. I went like two weeks ago to get blood work.

My cholesterol was high, but we've had this discussion on the board before.

Also, my glucose levels were real high. The nurse said border line diabetic.

So I was wondering, what do you girls and guys recommend to lower your glucose levels?

I know I joke on here a lot about my diet and eating bad, but to be honest, my diet hasn't been super bad lately. I've been trying to eat a little better so I feel better mentally.

But I was hoping to get some tips from everyone.

Here's the thing, I don't wanna be diabetic, but I'm not gonna RUIN my strength goals and all the work I've been busting my A$$ on the past couple years.

So there has to be a compromise, to where I can still eat carbohydrate sources that are cleaner right?

There is no way I'm cutting carbohydrates out completely. I tried it once and I felt terrible.

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
You had a fasting glucose test (A1C)... what was the number?

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
You had a fasting glucose test (A1C)... what was the number?

You know, the nurse was gonna tell me but I said that's ok. Haha

I guess I should have let her tell me now.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I'm sorry to hear that brotha, I'm the exact opposite so I'm no help

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Metformin/glucophage will Lower blood glucose levels I believe ...

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
You know, the nurse was gonna tell me but I said that's ok. Haha

I guess I should have let her tell me now.

You ding dong! lol... always know your numbers, your A1C is a 90 day avg, did they schedule you for another in 3 months? or??
If so, no worries, I got your back brother... we'll get you lower for next time

I kick diabetes ass daily...

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
My sis has diabetes but not me personally. Did you make sure to fast for a minimum of 12hrs before hand? Beleive it or not some people still eat a quick bite and spike glucose levels without thinking about it. What test/a were performed and definitely get the results from the doctor.

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
Metformin/glucophage will Lower blood glucose levels I believe ...

The Met doesn't lower your blood sugar specifically, but it is used to hold back the liver from releasing too much glucose.
My Doc has had me on it in the past as well to help drop some weight; not a believer in this necessarily...

I make insulin just fine, but it's blocked at the cell not allowing the process to happen, too much glucose floating around is no good...

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
I'm sorry to hear that brotha, I'm the exact opposite so I'm no help

Thanks man, I'll just have to work on it. Its weird that this is the first time I've ever had this issue.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
You ding dong! lol... always know your numbers, your A1C is a 90 day avg, did they schedule you for another in 3 months? or??
If so, no worries, I got your back brother... we'll get you lower for next time

I kick diabetes ass daily...

Haha, oooops!

Thanks dude, looks like I'm gonna need some advice to get this lower for next time. The next appointment is sposed to be march.

My sis has diabetes but not me personally. Did you make sure to fast for a minimum of 12hrs before hand? Beleive it or not some people still eat a quick bite and spike glucose levels without thinking about it. What test/a were performed and definitely get the results from the doctor.

The tests were, cholesterol, testosterone, glucose and I'm not sure what else. Cholesterol and glucose were the two abnormalities.

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
looks like I'm gonna need some advice to get this lower for next time. The next appointment is sposed to be march.

We have plenty of time then; feel free to lean on me, I lived the life for many years... Now is the time to turn this around.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
We have plenty of time then; feel free to lean on me, I lived the life for many years... Now is the time to turn this around.

So I've been doing some reading. It looks like I can control all of this through diet and I DON'T have to cut out carbohydrates.

This in a way can be a positive issue for me because the same foods that you are supposed to avoid for glucose reasons, are foods you should avoid for anxiety reasons.

So this might be good for me in a way.

I read that eggs, olive oil, beans, oatmeal and spices are good for lowering and controlling blood sugar.

Those are all foods I need to eat to feel better anxiety wise too.

I also read I can still eat junk when I want to, just make it smaller amounts and try to limit it more.

I'm gonna keep doing some reading.

Thanks Mr. Gregger.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic