Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Help breathing

grayclaws

grayclaws

Aug 23, 2011
So I hate bulking, HATE IT. Wife is pushing this on me cause we both compete and I'm coming off a an ACL repair injury. Anycase, trying to keep diet "somewhat clean" easily sitting around 20% give or take. Bodyweight just broke 300 pounds at 5'11"

Current cycle:
2000mg test E ew
500mg deca ew
400mg tren E ew
40mg dBOL daily
20mg nova, added after 2nd week
25mg aromisin (just added)
GHRP-6 250mcg post workout.
11units humolog with pre workout meal, intraworkout malidextrose drink of around 70grams CHO
11units humolog post workout meal w/ accommodating carbs

Large supporting sup list for heart health, CHO, etc. when hypertension gets unbearable I'll take a LASIX about every 3rd day. Question is, outside of massive interval cardio training (which I can't do right now because of ACL) what can by done. It's so bad, I have to take intermissions during sex, tying shoes is a bitch.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
As big as you are id think a brisk walk would do it. I dont undersrand why the wife would push you into bulking or why you would agree to this.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Damn 300lbs. I had a goal of hitting 300 but when I got to about 287 I let that go. My wife was getting upset. I would sit on the couch with her and my breathing was constantly labored. I could barely tie my own shoes. Short walks from the house to my car left me breathless.

At 260 I am fine. Some mobility issues. Now I am 240 and quality of life is much better.

There is a lot of studies showing that even in the obese cardiovascular training even without weight loss still brings tremendous improvement in reducing risk factors and incidence of heart disease. It could benefit you to get moving.

But the other variable which is all that gear... I dont know if that will make much difference.

I am not sure what to say other than try and get some cardio in. Even just walking.

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
Iv'e never been that big,but 10mg of cialas ed did wonders my last bulk.lowered my bp around 15pts.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I know this is off topic, but can we see some photos of your bulk????

300 is huge at 5'11.

I'm 5'11 and hovering around 270 and I sweat like easily, so I can't imagine how much it would be at 300 with the added supps.

Hey man you should try pushing the prowler after your workouts or some type of HIIT.

Or try walking at a fast pace on the tread mill for 2 minutes, then walk slow for 1 minute and repeat that a couple of times.

I bet that would help you out. You may need to lie down afterwards, but I think it would help you.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I see no reason to be bulking to 20% BF. IMO, especially while on cycle, anything above 16% is simply justifying your over eating. There are no benefit to getting that high as a BBer because you have to drop that much more come time to lean up, which increases the time needed to drop it, and the added potential to become catabolic. There also seems to be a dramatic increase in diminishing in muscle gains at and around 12 or 14%. Add to that, the abuse on your body, and it's really a no win situation. Powerlifters benefit more simply because they never have to drop the weight and are just looking for an ever increase in strength.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
You trying to kill the guy Turbo?
i think just a gentle incline walk on the treadmill, you can increase speed/incline as it improves. That or just slowly peddle the bike. These are what I used to do when I was bigger.

grayclaws

grayclaws

Aug 23, 2011
20% is just an estimation. I still have vascularity on arms and legs and "slight" abs. I just don't want to be a bar doiche and say I'm 2% at this weight.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Having been there and done that my advice is to lose some of the weight through diet.
With all the gear your running I would imagine your hematacrit is damned high and with your weight and gear also possibly BP? what is your BP running on average?
Apnea?
I have gone through all this being 300 and the same height, 2012 I was 292 @ 12% and was going through the same.
Losing the weight made me feel A. Better and B. my training improved to the point I made better gains.
Now I don't go above 270 and focus on recomp.
Take care of the ticker, I would recommend injectable curcumin to help with your heart and donating some blood in the meantime to lower hematacrit.

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
Turbo's suggestion of the prowler is what is recommend. Short intense bursts.
Also, when I was in the military, we constantly ran 30/60s and 60/120s. Sprint all out for 30 seconds and walk for 60. Worked wonders for those easily winded as it builds lung capacity rapidly. As with anything, keep it progressive. Maybe 6 cycles, then the next conditioning exercise do 7,or 8. If those are too much, you might even do 20/40s at first.
The short bursts will allow you to preserve mass, while improving cardiovascular function.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Turbo's suggestion of the prowler is what is recommend. Short intense bursts.
Also, when I was in the military, we constantly ran 30/60s and 60/120s. Sprint all out for 30 seconds and walk for 60. Worked wonders for those easily winded as it builds lung capacity rapidly. As with anything, keep it progressive. Maybe 6 cycles, then the next conditioning exercise do 7,or 8. If those are too much, you might even do 20/40s at first.
The short bursts will allow you to preserve mass, while improving cardiovascular function.

That's what I was thinking too N.O.V.

I've read a lot that states high intensity cardio is better for muscle retention as opposed to low intensity cardio for 45 mins to an hour. Plus that's really boring! Hahah

Plus the high intensity type cardio seems to carry over more in functioning in real life, like walking, walking up stairs, chasing a girl that says no..... wait, ignore that last one......

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
20% is just an estimation. I still have vascularity on arms and legs and "slight" abs. I just don't want to be a bar doiche and say I'm 2% at this weight.

Alright, if you still have at least two abs left, then you should be within a reasonable range. I try to use mine as a gauge that if I the middle abs start becoming invisible, I am in the 13-14% range.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic