Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Lossing fat and gaining muscle for BJJ

B

BJJSebi

Oct 29, 2012
Hey everybody,

I am currently concidering to toughen up my diet and S&C training to loose fat and gain muscle at the same process. At the momentan I have around 72kg with a bodyfat index of 19% according to my scale.

I am training BJJ and Grappling 4-5 times per week and I am doing some Bodyweight excercises and Kettlebell training here and there.

My ultimate goal would be to go down a weight class to 70kg with the kimono so 68kg butt naked.

Any ideas on a good nutrition and S&C plan, how I could do this over a couple of months? Maybe someone has done similar in the past?

Many thanks for your feedbacks - have a good day
Sebastian

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Hey buddy, what you are proposing is very hard, even for the most experienced pros. Most of us focus instead, on either gaining muscle while in a caloric surplus (thus gaining some fat too) or cutting fat in a caloric defecit (thus losing some muscle in the process). Much success can be had with this approach over time by bulking, then cutting, or cutting then bulking.

The key to the whole thing is learning to control your food intake, so that you are getting the right amount of calories (and macros) each day, and that you are consistent from day to day, so you will know whether you are making the type of progress you want, at your current level of food consumption, and if you are not, then adjusting accordingly.

To accomplish this, you need to start doing what all the serious guys and gals do: weigh and measure everything you eat, and log it in a food log.

I recommend you take a look at the TID site and do some searching for cutting diets and for bulking diets and or fat loss or how to gain muscle to get a better idea how to do all of this.

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
Hey buddy, what you are proposing is very hard, even for the most experienced pros. Most of us focus instead, on either gaining muscle while in a caloric surplus (thus gaining some fat too) or cutting fat in a caloric defecit (thus losing some muscle in the process). Much success can be had with this approach over time by bulking, then cutting, or cutting then bulking.

The key to the whole thing is learning to control your food intake, so that you are getting the right amount of calories (and macros) each day, and that you are consistent from day to day, so you will know whether you are making the type of progress you want, at your current level of food consumption, and if you are not, then adjusting accordingly.

To accomplish this, you need to start doing what all the serious guys and gals do: weigh and measure everything you eat, and log it in a food log.

I recommend you take a look at the TID site and do some searching for cutting diets and for bulking diets and or fat loss or how to gain muscle to get a better idea how to do all of this.
What, you can't gain muscle on 1200 calories a day?....:261:

J

JTR12

Dec 6, 2014
Better to think of it as gaining muscle with low/minimal fat gain, then stripping off what you don't need. Doing both is hard, but you don't need to make the cut worse by overeating during the mass phase.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Instead of dramatically reducing your cals to lose fat, slowly taper it down, I would stop at 300 cals under maintenance/day; and hold there to maximize your workouts and prevent as much muscle loss as possible.

P

Pbuainain

Jan 21, 2012
I have worked with some athletes with similar problems in the past and I very much like the 30% rule. Start off with a regular diet using, for exemple, the Bennedict equation to determine the calorie total. I would go with 30/40/20 (protein /carbs/fats). Every 2 weeks I would reevaluate the patient and if necessary would go down 30% of the macros. 500g of fat a month is a good target. Hope this was helpful.

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
There's only one way I know how to do it , but its illegal because it involves taking unlawful substances and you don't want to get into. One is a basic hormone, another is a very androgenic and anabolic hormone and the third is a highly illegal class one classified drug that will have you in the slammer if you get busted with it.
Besides how are you going to gain muscle and lose fat when you are rolling around on the ground playing with other boys.. you probably don't even keep a decent eating schedule.
You seem like a nice wee lad, maybe just forget about it and just enjoy rolling around on the ground with your boys.
When you grow up you can go to a real gym and grow some muscles

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
Thats a loaded question my friend.There is no ONE way for everyone and only you can know exactly what works best for YOU.Its a matter of trial and error brother.Finding out what you bmr rate is and what your maintenance caloric intake is and then fine tuning your diet from there.

There are tons of great diet articles here on board for you to browse through and get ideas on.

Good luck brother.

Also,great to hear of another MMA lover on board.Been in it most of my life.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic