Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Progress, progress, progress

R

raikay

Apr 6, 2014
So I stink at logging consistently since I use 3 or 4 tracking apps so this will be my attempt at keeping a general log in one place. Working hard right now on upper body as it's been lagging really bad since my pec minor tear a year ago as well as working on all-over strength and some weak points.

I have my first meet in 2.5 months or so that I don't feel ready for but I know if I wait until I feel ready I'll never do it because my goals of where I want to be first will just get bigger...

Today was an arm session
Elliptical 20mins
Hammer curls 4x20
kick backs 4x30
Diamond push up and close grip bench supersets 3x5 focusing on explosiveness
Burnout drop sets of curls until my arms went numb, can't even remember how many.

Left the gym feeling like my arms were going to explode. I feel like my strength is almost back, hopefully it means my adrenal fatigue is under control and my metabolism and hormones are returning to normal. My right shoulder keeps feeling stuck when I reach the halfway point descending on my bench, hopefully massage will help it because it had a long way to go to hit my minimum goal.

Tomorrow will be measurements, legs, and meal prep for my work lunches.

R

raikay

Apr 6, 2014
Squats and deadlifts today, went lighter weight to really focus on form.

Elliptical 20 mins
Squats - 5 rep sets
100, 125, 145, 160, 185, 210

Sumo deadlifts - 5 rep sets
115, 145, 175, 190 and 220 for 2

Was feeling motivated but tired. Did manage a PR on the sumo deads but they're still lagging behind my conventional pulls. As motivated as I was, it felt like a weak morning and my grip felt like it was giving out sooner than normal.

Weight is down 1.4 from last Sunday which was a little surprising since I'm not counting right now and felt like I was eating a lot all week.

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
Subbed. Can't wait to see what's happening.

R

raikay

Apr 6, 2014
Well, forgot to log Tuesday's bench day. Wasn't super interesting, low weights working on form for 6 or 7 sets of 10.

Today had leg day...

20 min treadmill
3 sets of hamstring curls supersetted with single leg presses
Squats - 10 rep sets at 135, 160, 195, 3 reps at 225
Box squats 5 x 275
Dumbbell lunges - 30 steps x 4 with 30 lb dumbbells

The box squats felt awesome, heavy as hell but awesome. Can't wait to hit that 3 plate squat and it feels like it may be sooner than I thought!! :D

R

raikay

Apr 6, 2014
Damn. Went to bootcamp for some tabata style cardio and realized my hips are tighter than I thought after yesterday's session. Time for food and sleep!

R

raikay

Apr 6, 2014
Hammered my back on Thursday followed by a deep tissue massage and hit arms hard today. Went and picked up a family size Foreman grill so I can prep all my lunches for the week at once without using all the pans at once.

Tomorrow will be squats and deadlifts. I haven't decided yet whether I'm doing them at home or at the gym, it'll probably depend on what time I wake up and whether anyone else is up yet.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
This is looking really good! Great work!

R

raikay

Apr 6, 2014
Thank you! I'm trying to find that magic amount of training and food so I can recover but still make the progress I want to see but not gain so much that I end up over my weight class for my meet. It's an interesting balance to try and find.

R

raikay

Apr 6, 2014
Deadlift Sunday

RDL warm up sets of 5 at 115, 145, 175

Sumo sets of 5 at 175, 205

Conventional sets of 3 belted at 205, 230, 245, 265, 280

Ended up throwing on straps for the last 3 sets. The 280 was definitely a bit hitched on the last 2 reps but I still got it up. I think I may add a second deadlift day a week for higher rep work in the 200 range. It frustrates me that even with added grip work my grip seems to be holding me back, damn little hands ;) Didn't get around to squats as I didn't have much left in me, morning workouts seem to not be as energetic for me as afternoon ones.

R

raikay

Apr 6, 2014
Well, missed lifting yesterday because I think my kid gave me the crud. Was feeling really nauseous and cold. Hopefully bundling up and sleep well have me feeling better today. The meet is just under 8 weeks out and I'm not where I'd like to be yet so I'm not happy about missing bench day. If I'm not feeling better by this afternoon I might just go lightweight tonight do I can get something in anyway.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic