Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Other gym member's behavior???

nousername

nousername

Mar 30, 2014
I need advice bad I think.
This guy at my gym(a regular) got way too close for comfort today. It started off as legitimate training talk I think. Lol!
I can't decide if dude was trying to cop a feel or not. He asked if I ever trained my abs and asked to see them. He is a retired police officer. So to me it seems like he would know how to manipulate situations correctly ya know?
Over the course of conversation it went to Lats and Pecs and was showing me exercises to where he was able to touch my chest in such a way. Then Hams & Glutes to where he got real close to my ass ya know. ABs and flexors and a graze of my pubic bone. Even at one point went so far as to move us out of camera shot and took his shirt off. Don't know if he was trying to feel me out to see if I would take mine off or what. I dk but it was weird. When another member showed up, which we were only ones in there til then, i saw an opportunity to leave and took it.
What should I do?
It's an Anytime Fitness. And I've been there almost a yr. my contract is almost up but it's right outside my work. I would really hate to leave . But it's not staffed on weekends.

Last edited:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
"I ain't gay so don't touch me. And I am not looking for any tips. Piss off"

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I would never touch a woman unless I was preventing her from being injured or it was absolutely necessary to spot her. Even in a spotting situation, I am aware of methods that are not even close to being misconstrued as inappropriate.

Yes, he was crossing the line, and unfortunately, this might lead him to believe he is now "in". The "touch barrier" is what I call this. Never let someone cross the touch barrier unless they are a good friend that knows you don't want anything more, or someone you want to be intimate with.

R

regular

MuscleHead
May 31, 2012
Be blunt and firm without being rude so it's not awkward when you see each other in the future.

"NAMEHERE, I need to talk to you real quick. The last time we trained together you made me feel uncomfortable because you were getting too close. I appreciate the help you gave me but I prefer to train alone."

If he doesn't get the message, involve the staff at the gym.

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
I hate this kind of shit. This is the kind of guy that gives the rest of us a bad name. De-fang the snake now.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I . . . . . . . It's an Anytime Fitness. And I've been there almost a yr. my contract is almost up but it's right outside my work. I would really hate to leave . But it's not staffed on weekends.

Lot of good observations and advice above, you probably need to factor in the "contract" issue as well. I could imagine a case where you get sympathetic talk from a gym staffer, but very limp support when you go back to them and say "well it's happened again, now what?" Insofar as possible, it would be good to know what to expect before you sign on for another year. Worst case, it might come in handy to be able to cite (with names) an ineffective staff response if you do sign a 2nd contract and choose to terminate it early without penalty.

nousername

nousername

Mar 30, 2014
I would never touch a woman unless I was preventing her from being injured or it was absolutely necessary to spot her. Even in a spotting situation, I am aware of methods that are not even close to being misconstrued as inappropriate.

Yes, he was crossing the line, and unfortunately, this might lead him to believe he is now "in". The "touch barrier" is what I call this. Never let someone cross the touch barrier unless they are a good friend that knows you don't want anything more, or someone you want to be intimate with.
Freaking sux! Im too nice most of the time that's for sure. But I definitely don't want to perpetuate anything like that. Thank you all so much for the constructive feedback

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
can you adjust the times you go as well ?

S

Scorpion62

Sep 27, 2014
Freaking sux! Im too nice most of the time that's for sure. But I definitely don't want to perpetuate anything like that. Thank you all so much for the constructive feedback

Some random guy starts training with you and gets touchy-feely I'm sorry at that point he would be heading to the A&E department end off ,nobody has the right to do this to anyone this guy has to be dealt with if you don't want to bang him out get the cops to him

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Be straight with him. You are not in the wrong and don't let him make you feel that way !
Predators act like this and have techniques they use.
If you find yourself in this situation SHUT HIM DOWN.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic