Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Birth control options: the pill vs IUD

A

achilles_30

Mar 12, 2011
Hey ladies!

I've been doing a little research lately, looking at different birth control options and figured I'd share some info with you guys. I'm on the pill, have been for about three years but I'm looking into my other options and the IUD seems like the best option for female steroid users. I've always been very paranoid of pregnancy even being on the pill (nobody is perfect for timing..), me being on gear and my boyfriend as well I still get nervous. I stress about that alot, even if all the odds are completely against it; it's still POSSIBLE. There are other reasons that oral contraceptives might not be the best choice for female bodybuilder's though..

First of all, as most of us know, oral contraceptive works with estrogen and/or progestin, however a combination of both is more common. Basically they work by preventing ovulation. The thing is, we know that these hormones make more difficult to cut fat (thus why women have higher bf%, it's all normal). In my opinion, in off-season when leanness is not an issue the pill would be fine if you're simply thinking contraception. But when it comes to contest prep, I've read and heard from a few different women that it makes it especially difficult to get the full effect in cutting primarily in the stomach/thighs/hips.

The copper IUD is completely non-hormonal, meaning you aren't adding any exogenous estrogen, limiting these possible stubborn fat deposits. Another benefit is that taking anti-estrogens and estrogen blockers on cycle won't screw up your endocrine system like it would if you were on the pill. If you take nolva, aromasin or arimidex while on the pill it can reduce the efficiency for obvious reasons and also cause some pretty crazy hormonal imbalances.

I've also read that IUD gets rid of basically any menstrual cramping in most women. Personally, I get ridiculous cramps when I get my 'period'. I say 'period' because of course on gear it barely counts as a period! If I get any bleeding, it's spotting at the most, but I still always get a few days/nights with painful cramps. Another thing luring me to the IUD..

Like stated at first, of course our use of exogenous testosterone derivatives play as a sort of contraceptive in it's own, but in my opinion you can never be too safe when preventing pregnancy and also helping your gains/cutting efficiency at the same time
wink.gif

Anybody on here have an IUD and would like to chime in? I'd love to hear what you girls think!

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
I plan on getting snipped, my gf is on the IUD. I know of other women on the IUD as well. My GF still has a quasi period ever so often, back pain, bleeding, moodiness. (She is not on gear and doesn't work out) The other female I know has has the IUD for months and still is having spotting issues. Not sure if any of that matters.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
wish I could help but I've been fixed for 9 years now....I've had no need to research BC ;)

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I am not a fan of any of it, but would chose the Copper IUD as well if it became neccesary….

GuerillaKilla

GuerillaKilla

Certified Pillow Biter
Jul 17, 2013
Wife had the IUD for around 9 years and loved it, for what's its worth. There are however some risked associated with insertion, removal, and also possibly falling out of place.

Being honest, if your man has a larger than average member, he may feel it when he goes deep. When my wife and I were making love we could both feel it when I hit it. There's a little piece that hangs down from it that they use to remove it later on, I believe.

All things considered we felt it was the best option available.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
Oh yeah, that damn string, like someone is poking your head with fishing line!

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
My wifes doctor didn't believe I was hitting it after she finally cut it. Pokes your head sometimes. lol

She went with the non hormonal IUD. Skip the hormones! One of my wifes friends was on the pill for several years and now she can't get pregnant.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
I am not a fan of any of it, but would chose the Copper IUD as well if it became neccesary….

IUD can be expensive and also I know people that gained 10-15 pounds on it. Plus you dont get your period which is just totally eff'ing with your body.

IF I had to chose, it would be the pill. Luckily hubby is snipped and it is a non issue.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
My wife had the iud for awhile. She had to have it removed. I smashed it into her cervix. Damn Italian genes. And yes, like GK said, you can def feel it.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
IUD can be expensive and also I know people that gained 10-15 pounds on it. Plus you dont get your period which is just totally eff'ing with your body.

IF I had to chose, it would be the pill. Luckily hubby is snipped and it is a non issue.
Here too, so I don't do anything, the pill gives me 2 periods a month, not my thing!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic