Latest Member
Samson0692
What's New?

News reporter quits live on air

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
haha, nice one. Between Break and Chive, I can lose a day of my life watching some of the shit on there.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
What a douche. Good luck getting another job and way to make your cause for legal doobage look like it's ran by assholes.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
It's my understanding that getting a job in front of the camera in the radio/television biz is extremely hard. Can't believe she threw away her career in that business before she was firmly established in the new biz... Must be more to the story.

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
Prolly married a rich football player....

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
I would fig she was making 6 figures doing what she was doing. Why quit that? There absolutely has to be more to the story.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
She said that she didn't have a choice and than added... **** it, I quit. I think she was getting removed either way. Now, it would have probably been better to go quietly so she could always pick back up somewhere else if her new venture didn't do well but she decided to take a different approach.

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
I would fig she was making 6 figures doing what she was doing. Why quit that? There absolutely has to be more to the story.
I do work for a local news weather man and no they don't make a lot a money...

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011

And I can't imagine in AK, they are at the top of the pay scale.

Maybe had like 40 people watching (before this vid went viral).

Girl I used to date is the lead anchor for the nightly news in a metro florida area....pictures of her on buses etc. Anyhow, for that type of market, she's making 84k.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Wow never knew man. That's crazy I fig they got broke off good. Thanks for the correction.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I think journalists don't make a lot of money unless they break into a large local market or the national market. Some of the national people make crazy amounts of money, but the job is tough, and if you aren't getting the ratings, you're gone... no ifs, ands or buts....

Funny thing is, that for the long hours and not so great money, the competition in the biz is very tough.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Large markets like NY, Chicago, and LA, the $$$ is really high. Otherwise, I just think it's pretty standard paycheck for most of them. I would think it would get really old though with lots of people constantly coming up to you and talk to you. You'd never stop working.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic