Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Training adaptation

S

Shamrockbear1

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2011
So from people's experience how long does it take for a muscles to become stagnant from doing the same routine? Right now I'm rotating my routine every 4 weeks I heard every 6 weeks is about when a muscle group starts to become unaffected or use to the same program. I don't want to be all over the board I would like to see results with each rotation....

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I've been on GVT since early June. I kept growing and improving the whole time (just ended it) Although I was using the GVT program the rule is the exercises always change.
I ran the program till I felt my CNS needed a break. I could resume it soon but I'm going on Mountain Dog.
So... Run a program as directed until your body says stop and results slow. Muscle Confusion through variation of exercises keeps things fresh and wards off stagnation. But the key is knowing how to listen to your body.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Its not so much the routine as it is weight as well. If the weight aint increasing, neither are yours gains so to speak. Intensity is key as well. Lots of variables for what u are asking. What are your goals?

S

Shamrockbear1

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2011
My goals is to gain as much size as possible for my old ass of 43.. i ran mountain dog training for a whole year and while I made some great gains i thought the frequency and sequence was not ideal and it was more hi intensity as opposed to building size, right now working out 5 days a week and just destroying one body part a day ... I've got great fundamentals but looking to keep uping size as much as I can ... 6'1 235lbs 12%-13%bf ... i did notice that when I dropped the bf% I looked bigger but felt it was an optical illusion lol as opposed to real density which is my goal... unfortunately I think I'm limited due to age but I'll die trying....

Last edited:
RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Ok, first thing... at 43 rest is gonna be very important. Sorry but as we get older, it takes a lil bit longer to recover from those ass kicking workouts, granted you are natty...are you natty or on cycle?

Second, some programs/routines might work better than others. For example, when i started lifting i was told "heavy weight with low reps blah blah" well guess what...i didnt get shit from those types of workouts. Since my goal was size and gains, i started to do way more volume such as GVT and high reps/sets, and noticed much better response from my body. BUT.. again everyone is different, so you will have to find what you benefit more from.

Back to the first thing, what does your split look like? (Workouts and rest days)

What does your eating/diet look like? Im gonna throw this out there, and it goes against all bro science and traditional thinking we have been taught. Your age, at your age it might not be wise to consume mass aounts of calories, 5-6 meals a day like we have been taught AT YOUR AGE. Why? Bcuz from alot that i have read lately, natural hormones and GH are blunted from food consumption as we get older, at certain times such as pre workout and post workout, which in turns leads to fat gain, not muscle mass. I put some of these theories to the test myself, such as eating 3-4 meals a day and not 6-8 like i did 2-3 years ago and believe it or not, im doing waaay better, even with my junk food binges that im known to go about.

Only you can dial in your body, which takes time, trial and error... there is no one size fits all thingy. However you can take pieces of advice from what people tell you, and see what works and trash the rest...process of elimination in a sense. Like i said before, so many variables to your situation.

Last edited:
S

Shamrockbear1

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2011
Okay well first yes on cycle right now I'm on a 20 week run 1000mg test 600 deca and rotating orals around ... i switch compounds every 6-8 weeks just to mix it up...
So I'm in week 3 and I will be using this protocol: gear entire 20 weeks and cycling insulin-gh-igf1 4 weeks on 4 weeks off .. i ran slin with gh for 5 weeks last time and the body recomp was amazing great fat cutter I could see all my abs. I'm a little carb sensitive so I can get a little weight in the mid section... when on slin I was pushing bcaa, protein and food like crazy and losing weight but getting bigger.. what I'm looking is to push past to my next level which is already hard enough lifting last 20 years various styles. I tried the GVT or somewhat my version of it and pump was great and I got cut but that's it no real size... mountain dog put some good foundation on me but I'm now looking to go past that.
Also I know age is against me I'm not nearly as strong as I used to be, in my 20s I could military press sets 225lbs. Now my weight has decreased dramatically my max military dumbells has gone to around 90-100lbs on my last set... :(
also have to try not to irritate any tendinitis or joints which sometimes kill me... man getting older blows.

Last edited:
woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Bro in my experience, my muscles take about 8 weeks or so to start to stagnate while on a program. But the past 2.5 years I have been with a trainer who has kept my routine constantly changing, with low volume heavy days and high rep lower weight days, and occasional very low weight extremely high rep days and I haven't needed a break from this routine, not even once and I am still pushing some really excellent gains 2.5 years later. And I am about to turn 49.

S

Shamrockbear1

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2011
Bro in my experience, my muscles take about 8 weeks or so to start to stagnate while on a program. But the past 2.5 years I have been with a trainer who has kept my routine constantly changing, with low volume heavy days and high rep lower weight days, and occasional very low weight extremely high rep days and I haven't needed a break from this routine, not even once and I am still pushing some really excellent gains 2.5 years later. And I am about to turn 49.
I tried a similar routine a variation every 3 weeks heavy (certain muscle groups ) medium and light alternating muscle groups this seem to be a decent routine but problem again I was getting cut but no real size. I will say my joints felt way better and I actually liked the light days pump !

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I tried a similar routine a variation every 3 weeks heavy (certain muscle groups ) medium and light alternating muscle groups this seem to be a decent routine but problem again I was getting cut but no real size. I will say my joints felt way better and I actually liked the light days pump !

On 1000mg of test and 600 deca, you should be blowing the fukk up, and seeing alot of size, thats a pretty good cycle along with orals.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
So from people's experience how long does it take for a muscles to become stagnant from doing the same routine? Right now I'm rotating my routine every 4 weeks I heard every 6 weeks is about when a muscle group starts to become unaffected or use to the same program. I don't want to be all over the board I would like to see results with each rotation....

Alot of the old Russian and Bulgarian weightlifting programs use 3 week waves for this reason. Every 3 weeks they would switch exercises to avoid going backwards or stalling.

S

Shamrockbear1

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2011
On 1000mg of test and 600 deca, you should be blowing the fukk up, and seeing alot of size, thats a pretty good cycle along with orals.
After 40 it's hard to blow up there are also theories of receptor oversaturation. I'm using pharma grade and some ugls but so many of these ugls are garbage. I just started home brewing and I had some test c mass speced so I'm hoping that will solve my problem of purity.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012

The key for gains has been going heavy for medium to high reps. So we take a weight I can get 3 reps from comfortably and I do 10 (and when my coach asks me to do it I think f***k how am I going to get 10 reps with that weight?). And when we do lower reps, it is such a heavy weight, I feel like I am going to be crushed. But I am always able to get the reps, even when I am thinking I cannot.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic