Latest Member
Samson0692
What's New?

Push for the last show of the year -Rock

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
My spring and summer has been more than hectic to say the least. My plans for a May 2014 show fell through very quickly as I was overwhelmed with work and family activities. Through all of that I allowed my diet to slack and my training was certainly not intense. But that's all behind me now.

Two weeks ago I started my prep for a show December 6. It's the last show in my area and I believe I've got plenty of time to get dialed in and try to bring a better package than I did last year to the stage.

I know that my conditioning has got to step up big time. I mostly carry my fat around the lower abdomen and back. But that's not to say that I don't have fat everywhere. As of my last hydrostatic test I have approximately 12 to 14 pounds of loseable fat to get me to the percentage I need to be on stage.

6'1" starting at 251lbs. (See pics) I began this week at 247 pounds. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410959926.957076.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410959942.106081.jpg

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
^^^^ what he said x 2! Can't wait to see u 12-1 4lb lighter

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
Thanks for the props fellas. I know I've got a long ways to go, I really let my conditioning get out of hand this summer. But I've done it before and I can do it again. Hopefully I don't just end up 12 to 14 pounds lighter. Best case scenario is to add a few pounds of muscle as I drop the fat pounds over the next few weeks. Would really like to be on stage at 235. That would be 15 pounds heavier than last year.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
A lean, dry 15lbs heavier n u call that letting urself go?? U set the bar high, get it!

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Nice work man!

are you gonna post progress photos?

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
You are a big dude for sure. In some ways I think being huge makes it mentally harder for us to cut for a show because our size is our strong point and we inevitably lose some size (and then start freaking out) when we cut. We are so used to focusing on our strong points and hoping our strong points will carry us through to victory. But the scrawny more defined guys tend to do better. For example I just got my ass kicked last weekend in the masters class by two guys whom I easily outweighed by a good thirty pounds of muscle mass.

Third place sucks.

Good luck bro

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
You are a big dude for sure. In some ways I think being huge makes it mentally harder for us to cut for a show because our size is our strong point and we inevitably lose some size (and then start freaking out) when we cut. We are so used to focusing on our strong points and hoping our strong points will carry us through to victory. But the scrawny more defined guys tend to do better. For example I just got my ass kicked last weekend in the masters class by two guys whom I easily outweighed by a good thirty pounds of muscle mass.

Third place sucks.

Good luck bro

Nail on the head man. I've got a lot of frame to fill out. I don't think I'm really even too 5 contention for a few years and at least 20 - 30 more lbs of well placed muscle. Lats and upper chest are my weakest and yep, guys 40lbs lighter than me will look a lot better. I really wanna dial in my conditioning this show so that even if my proportions are off (ie X frame) I'll at least show the judges that my dedication is there.

My goal is to be the best me on stage everytime. Judging is subjective and tbh this is only my 2nd BB show. I was competing MP but was too big to place well in it even though I qualified for nationals my second MP show. I just have to grow into this class, which is fine by me.

inhuman88

inhuman88

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2014
You're still looking solid bud. Dial it all in and you'll be kicking ass at that show...good luck

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
Delts arms hams hit them hard.the rest look solid.good luck bro

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic