Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

trying to build muscle while training mma (high cardio)

M

macflow

Jan 14, 2014
Hi guys I have a few questions.. I am trying to gain some muscle mass but I train jiu jitsu and kickboxing so the workouts tend to be cardio intensive I try to get to the gym as much as I can on top of doing this training which is monday - Thursday so I can actually do some weight lifting my diet is pretty good but also I wouldn't mind losing some fat around my stomach any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks guys!

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I recommend you pick one or the other: either work to gain muscle (by eating a surplus of clean Kcalories with 1.0 to 1.5 g of protein per lb of lean bodymass) or work to cut the fat (by eating in a Kcaloric defecit with 1.0 g protein per lb of lean bodymass).

I have found it is essential when cutting, to measure and log all of your food each day, so you will be consistent from day to day with the Kcals and ratios of protein, fats and carbs that you are consuming. If you aren't losing fat, take a look at your maintenance Kcalories with a metabolic calculator, and if you are eating near maintenance, cut down to a defecit of 250 to 500 Kcals per day.

When bulking, weighing and logging your food isn't as essential, but it helps, especially if you are doing a very clean bulk.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic