Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Am I being too sensitive?

beng30

beng30

Jan 19, 2012
Or do I have every right to be pissed off?!? I'm not afraid to admit it but I train to compression tights, there I said it! I like the fact I don't catch the farmers handles on my shorts or pockets, I like that my knees don't stick on the edges when squating, I like how it feels more comfortable to dead lift in etc etc. I know I'm still overweight but not excessively so and have enough "muscle bulk" to offset the fat. I do however realise not everyone approves and there's a social stigma (certainly by non lifters) to them..

Now to my issue I was training the other day and ran over so had to pick my kids up from school straight from training so no shower/changed I had a long vest on and bear in mind I was also wearing UA compression shorts underneath but I was still wearing my tights when I picked them up (doesn't bother me what I look like tbh) now I find out tonight another of the mums complained to a friend of mine that "the kids don't need to see that" see what? A positive role model of someone doing exercise?!? I'm sorry it's wrong for me to wear my tights but ok for you to rock your back tits or flash a shed load of cleavage in summer?!? Or to see you shoehorned into a pair of jeans that you can hear screaming for mercy from 20 yards?!? It's ok for that huge whale to rock his "I'm not fat it's a lifestyle t-shirt"! It's not like any of the other parents are bastions of physical health either! It's all middle age'd housewives who either do feck all or do the cursory "circuit training" once a week and where track suits the rest of the week to make it look like their always training!!!!

I know you couldn't see anything as I was conscious of it myself!

So was I wrong and a pervert or am I right to be a little pissed?

beng30

beng30

Jan 19, 2012
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410810979.640410.jpg these are the tights in question ( we'll sort of I had camo ones on not stars) and obviously no sleeves or belt and a longer vest on.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I am sure they're all just jealous bro.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
IDK bro... I gotta say... if you were rocking them like so many gym chicks do and your twigs and berries were showing... she may have a point... I have seen gym ladies show up at the wrong place with boobies popping and camel toes in effect and though... damn... I would smash that...wait.. what are we talking about?

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
It's a case of people needing to mind their own damn business. Your covered and legally that's all that matters.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I think you're all right in that outfit. I wouldn't let other people's comments get under your skin. Who knows what was really going on with the person who make the comment. Some people simply can't let 20 seconds of quiet go on, and feel they need to fill the space and so just comments on whatever comes to their little brain. You walked by and thus were the subject of onversation. If Mary Jane had had the misfortune of walking by, she would have commented on her outfit, her hair, her make-up and/or her shoes.

Some people are simply insecure, and have to lift themselves up by attempting to pull others down. Just ignore that stuff, and stay with being positive.

BTW, you look good in that pic (no homo).

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Oh, and BTW, if RR walked by in that outfit, I'd SMACK that ass!

... and then bravely await my fate.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
I wouldn't wear anything that makes me feel pissed or question my sensitivity jus saying....
now if you can wear that and feel fine more power to you..

beng30

beng30

Jan 19, 2012
IDK bro... I gotta say... if you were rocking them like so many gym chicks do and your twigs and berries were showing... she may have a point... I have seen gym ladies show up at the wrong place with boobies popping and camel toes in effect and though... damn... I would smash that...wait.. what are we talking about?

I know what you mean which is why I was conscious but wore a long t to make sure nothing showing and tbh not rocking much anyway, esp not after a full workout and a load of jack3d. If I was bouncing around making a point if flashing my junk fair enough but I was as inconspicuous as you can be wearing camo tights.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Should have left the knee wraps on, maybe they would have figured it out. They were probably clueless that you have training pants on and thought you were a chubby rocking the spandex.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic