Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

prednisolone

S

seandoug123

Feb 6, 2013
Hi everyone I'm looking for some information about prednisolone I no their not for bodybuilding a family member has to take them the doctor said take eight 5mg tablets at the same time he's abit gone in the head im looking to no what the active life span of these are and if it would be better to break the dose up over the day cheers in advance

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
If you can't trust the doctor find a new one.

He isn't wrong though. Every time I have been scripted for this I took it once daily.

S

seandoug123

Feb 6, 2013
Thanks just wanted to double check She cant because He's the only doctor around here

F

Flexed23

MuscleHead
Apr 4, 2014
Yep..Once daily. My mother was just prescribed it and was confused as well since she had to take many pills every day. I knew the answer..but I had to make my mother at ease. So I called my Cousin and her husband, who are BOTH Pharmacists with over 30 years combined experience and they told us its once a day.

The # of pills should decrease everyday I believe..I think the first day you take a big dose.

H

hardpr

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2012
pred is a nasty drug my friend. ive been on and off this drug for years. ive been using it to control inflammation in one of my eyes from uveitis. it can cause mood swings .hunger as well has making the bones brittle. it should be taken once a day and most doctors will tell you how to taper down. my doctor always said first thing in the morning is best.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Once a day with tapering doses down taken in the am. This drug can make it difficult to sleep hence the all it once morning dose. I just took it within last 2 months and my first night was sleepless from breaking up the doses and taking it in the evening. Best wishes

S

seandoug123

Feb 6, 2013
Cheers everyone that's what he said she'll start cutting down after a few weeks

H

hittinhard

Sep 20, 2014
Cheers everyone that's what he said she'll start cutting down in a few weeks

Prednisone is definitely something u dnt wanna take for a long term treatment.. causes diabetes. . Heartburn. . And stomach problems along with other medical issues. . But it will help clear up a breakout fast caused by a cycle.. most use of prednisone dont exceed ten days of a tapering dose.. unless u have a specific illness that requires everyday doses.. and 5mg is a very low tapering dose .. u usually here of 10mg and 20mg takin 4-6 of those the first day and lowering each dose each day..

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
Yep..Once daily. My mother was just prescribed it and was confused as well since she had to take many pills every day. I knew the answer..but I had to make my mother at ease. So I called my Cousin and her husband, who are BOTH Pharmacists with over 30 years combined experience and they told us its once a day.

The # of pills should decrease everyday I believe..I think the first day you take a big dose.
Yes, unless it's long term for some kind of autoimmune disease. I'm guessing this is for a respiratory infection or some kind of acute inflammatory thing (like a gout flare up)? She probably got a "Medrol Dose-Pak" That's the brand name at least. Has Day 1, Day 2 etc. And it goes down in quantity each day? The Dose-Pak will say two in the morning, once after lunch blah blah blah or something like that. Either way doesn't matter. Just don't have her take one big dose before trying to go to sleep.

Prednisone, prednisolone, dexamethasone etc. the corticosteroid family of drugs is just fine to take for a short term. I mean just fine. And when I took it for pneumonia it worked wonders. It's when you're on it for years that it ****s you up.

Last edited:
S

seandoug123

Feb 6, 2013
Their no for a cycle she has no feeling in her legs so they put her on them to try get them going again 50mg a day she's taking cheers anyway

S

Shamrockbear1

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2011
Yes common treatment to bodybuilding is 5-7 course treatment tapering down if you have inflammation this may help but for sure not a permanent fix..

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I've had to take prednisone a few times. I avoid it at all costs if possible. My son has to take it once or twice a year for asthma flare ups. I need to call an exorcist when he's on it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic