Rolanalon
What's New?

new to iron den

D

deadpedal

Sep 2, 2014
thank you
I am 44 years old
I have been squatting and deadlifting for about 18 months following Rippetoe's Starting Strength... as best I can
In May I was up to Squat 285 x5 x 3 ; Dead 365 x 4
I twisted my hip stepping out of amusement park bumper car in June so I have, taken several weeks off this summer, deloaded the weight over the summer and went to a 2 day split / reverse pyramid after a few weeks off (similar to jp.rippedbody.com); using reverse pyramid once a week helped me learn to breath better on high reps but now that kids back in school and easier to follow routine I am restarting Starting Strength three times a week -- slightly modified to compliment physical therapy for many upper body injuries

more importantly, my diet is very low carb and high fat since November 2011 (Primal, Nutritional Ketosis, Intermittent Fasting)
I usually fast 12 - 24 hr prior to lifting, then take 25gram protein shake prior to lifting

my goal is to get strong and lose fat

in 2010 and 2011 I was well over 320 pounds
I lost 120 pounds initially (14 inches off jeans size)
With squats and deadlifts I have gained 20 pounds of mass and continue to decrease clothing sizes

both my shoulder have torn rotator cuffs; on shoulder is chronically dislocated; had bicep tendon rupture repair in Feb 2013 so my upper body lifting is high rep, light weight, slow negatives; developed by expert physical therapists

I feel half my age and keep feeling better - I sleep great - great mental focus - more info on my blog: ketones.jlovely.com

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
That weight loss is mind blowing. Hell of a good job!!

What's the story with the shoudlers? You seem pretty beat up for a guy your age.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Welcome bro!!! Sounds like you got some challenges ahead but knock them the hell down! You came to the right place if you want support!

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Welcome to the board man!

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014
Welcome man!! There are a lot of good people here to help you recover and continue your success.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Hell of an intro! Welcome to the den

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
Welcome to TID this is the best AAS discussion forum around IMO. You will love it here.!

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
thank you
I am 44 years old
I have been squatting and deadlifting for about 18 months following Rippetoe's Starting Strength... as best I can
In May I was up to Squat 285 x5 x 3 ; Dead 365 x 4
I twisted my hip stepping out of amusement park bumper car in June so I have, taken several weeks off this summer, deloaded the weight over the summer and went to a 2 day split / reverse pyramid after a few weeks off (similar to jp.rippedbody.com); using reverse pyramid once a week helped me learn to breath better on high reps but now that kids back in school and easier to follow routine I am restarting Starting Strength three times a week -- slightly modified to compliment physical therapy for many upper body injuries

more importantly, my diet is very low carb and high fat since November 2011 (Primal, Nutritional Ketosis, Intermittent Fasting)
I usually fast 12 - 24 hr prior to lifting, then take 25gram protein shake prior to lifting

my goal is to get strong and lose fat

in 2010 and 2011 I was well over 320 pounds
I lost 120 pounds initially (14 inches off jeans size)
With squats and deadlifts I have gained 20 pounds of mass and continue to decrease clothing sizes

both my shoulder have torn rotator cuffs; on shoulder is chronically dislocated; had bicep tendon rupture repair in Feb 2013 so my upper body lifting is high rep, light weight, slow negatives; developed by expert physical therapists

I feel half my age and keep feeling better - I sleep great - great mental focus - more info on my blog: ketones.jlovely.com

What if any is your cycle history? Experience? Just curious...have you talked to an endo doc about your shoulder injuries and possibly treating with GH. or testosterone?

Simply wondering what avenues you've explored...

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Welcome to the Den bro. I have been on a ketogenic diet since January (8 months now) and have lost 55 lbs, and am now 216 lbs at 14%bf. I am under the guidance of an amazing coach and just re-committed to the diet to get to 10% or 198lbs.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic