Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Long time lurker coming out of the shadows.

beng30

beng30

Jan 19, 2012
Hi my name is Ben, I've been a member of the boards for a long time now but must confess i haven't contributed. In part i felt a bit of a cheat as wasn't really lifting at the time and was doing more eating then anything. However as i have got back into training again i have gleaned as much info as i can from the boards and kept myself motivated seeing others progress. My progress hasn't been rapid or startling but has been steady and my strength has come back and my body composition has started to get to where i'd like it to be.

Some info about me:- I'm 31 years old and live in the UK i'm married with 3 kids and work 12hr shifts on chemical plant so have a reasonable amount of time to train now. I used to train with bodybuilders and that was all i knew but i have recently become involved with Strongman and as a result my training has taken a new direction and is more powerlifting/strongman focused. Nutrition has always been an issue for me (i have a mega sweet tooth and no self control) but i have almost got it in check and am seeing the benefit for it. I weighed about 118kg at the beginning of 2013 but my BF% was well into the high 20's and i felt and looked terrible i'm now steady around 96-97kg and my BF% is steadily heading down.

I've made plenty of training mistakes in the past but i like to think thats stood me in good stead for where i am now. Sometimes my wife trains with me but mostly i'm by myself in my garage at home apart from Strongman Saturdays which is event training with 5-6 other guys. Luckily i have a decent Oly bar and plenty of plates (cast and bumper) and recently added a power cage so can start increasing the weight safely. I've updated my profile with some info and hope to play a more active part in the forums as i continue my progress. In the meantime thank you for having me, thank you for the info you might not even realise you've given me and the motivation to get my ass into gear and do something.

Ben

inhuman88

inhuman88

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2014
Welcome, glad you finally decided to introduce yourself and get serious about training. Youve come to the right place

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Welcome out of the shadows and into the world of posting. Now get rid of the candy!

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Great introduction, nice to see u have been motivated out of the shadows. The members here keep me goin strong!

beng30

beng30

Jan 19, 2012
Thank you for the warm welcome, squats tonight and my meat order arrived so good day all round.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Welcome to the board man!

Just because you aren't currently working out doesn't mean you cant join in on the forum.

The impression I've taken from this site is that everyone is welcome.

:)

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Welcome Bro. I too have a sweet tooth and am doing strongman training since April and loving it. TID is one of the best, if not the best board out here.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Great intro bro and very glad to have ya here. Welcome to the Den, the one and only. Glad you decided to get going and become a part of the community. We have some members here that are very experienced in the areas that you are wanting to take your training and they have helped me tremendously and will do the same for you I'm sure. Stick around Ben!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic