Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

US judge rules Microsoft must handover personal data stored abroad

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
Microsoft has been told it must handover emails stored abroad to US prosecutors by a New York court. However, the software giant says it will fight the ruling, saying that an email deserves the same privacy protection as a paper letter sent by mail.

“Earlier this month, the British government passed a law asserting its right to require tech companies to produce emails stored anywhere in the world. This would include emails stored in the US by Americans who have never been to the UK,” Brendon Lynch, Chief Privacy Officer for Microsoft, wrote in his blog.

http://rt.com/usa/183892-microsoft-court-privacy-us/

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Fukk all the governments erry where. What the hell is this world coming to? I'm so sick of seeing this kinda shit. Thanks for the post bro

C

cris_fletcr

Sep 9, 2014
If it happend, then it will be dangerous precedent and after this nobody won't be sure that his(her) data is protected from unautorized usage.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I wonder what the context is for this order. Sounds like some type of criminal prosecution. If it's really a national security issue, the NSA just hacks in and looks at what they want, and doesn't bother trying to get a warrant.

chillz

chillz

Dec 29, 2011
Interesting article. Seems like once again our right to privacy is getting tossed in the trash. It's good to see Microsoft stand up for customers even though it's for their financial gain.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
So they are using foreign laws to bypass the constitution. Awesome. I know that the commonly use foreign law to bypass state and federal laws if the offense is being committed in another country. however, never has that been done to bypass the Constitution unless the company or person is currently residing in that country and they are being prosecuted by the foreign country

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic