Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

manager of Staten Island LA FITNESS busted

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- A manager at the LA Fitness sports club in Travis faces felony charges after police say they found $20,000 worth of anabolic steroids in his home.

Police arrested Ryan Kopyar, 28, after an agent with the New Jersey branch of the federal Drug Enforcement Administration observed him possessing a package of steroids inside the U.S. Post Office at 2843 Richmond Ave. in New Springville, court papers allege.

The steroids were packaged "with intent to sell" in pill bottles and liquid vials, court papers allege.

That happened at 12:20 p.m. Aug. 13, and at 1:30 p.m. that same day, an NYPD narcotics detective found more steroids inside Kopyar's side apartment on Roswell Avenue in Travis, court papers allege.

Inside, they found 22 plastic zipper bags containing more than 2,500 steroid pills total, as well as more bottles, packets and vials of steroids, and another ziplock of a powdered form of anabolic steroids.

Kopyar admitted the steroids belonged to him, court papers allege.

Police estimate the value of the steroids at about $20,000 according to court papers.

A DEA spokesman wouldn't comment on why an agent from the New Jersey division was involved in the arrest.

Kopyar is charged with two counts each of fifth- and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, according to information from District Attorney Daniel Donovan's office.

Kopyar, who was released on his own recognizance at his arraignment in Stapleton Criminal Court Aug. 14, is slated to return to court on Oct. 16.

He was still working at the LA Fitness as of Monday, though he wouldn't comment about the case.

"This is obviously my career on the line right now, and my lawyer says he doesn't want me to comment," Kopyar said.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
So tired of seeing stuff like this man. Wonder why they were even watching him in the first place getting the package. Really makes you worry a bit

chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
released on a PR bond?! must be first offense....send others to the post office!:261:

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Wondering why they even threw in that comment about no comment on a NJ Fed being involved. Staten Island is one of the 5 counties ("boroughs") that comprise NY City, hence the NYPD involvement. It is a neat but slow ferry boat ride away from the rest of NYC, but only a quick drive across the Goethals Bridge from NJ. We are all under Fed jurisdiction, they can draw their jurisdictional lines where they want, I see no significance in how that was decided.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
This is a member from another site I know, not from here, but another site.

inhuman88

inhuman88

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2014
They need to go bust the heroin and crack dealers (wonder how many they drove past on the way to get this guy) and leave hormones alone.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
They need to go bust the heroin and crack dealers (wonder how many they drove past on the way to get this guy) and leave hormones alone.

Exactly man, exactly! Backwards as fuk

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
barely more than personal use...pathetic

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012

Politicians and LE are making money with heroin and crack so they wont go after it and risk losing their share. They have not tapped into the AAS world yet, once they do then they will back off.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Politicians and LE are making money with heroin and crack so they wont go after it and risk losing their share. They have not tapped into the AAS world yet, once they do then they will back off.

I doubt there were half as many busts back when most black market gear was diverted pharm grade....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic