Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

How To Build A Core Made Of Steal

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I was hoping to get some advice on movements and other things I can do to make my core (abs, low back, obliques, etc) as strong as possible and supportive as possible.

So far what I'm doing is (I don't do the same ones all the time, I change everything depending on different stuff):

Planks

Back extensions

Crunches

Ab Dolley

Vacuum pose hold

Am I on the right track?

I wanna make sure my core can support my and protect my low back from re injury.

D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
Things I like to do are:

Bicycles
Cable crunches
Captains chair straight leg raises

That handles the front and the bicycles will get your obliques. I think the back extensions are good for the back and possibly an arched back good morning.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
That looks pretty solid Turbo. Don't forget that your core muscles also twist your core. I would add something that uses that function, like wood choppers.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Looks like you are covering the bases, brother, with giantslayers advice added in.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I started doing those plus the woodchoppers and I can actually feel it helping my squats

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
You want to strengthen the lower back and I don't see any good mornings or variations of it. Big mistake.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
That looks pretty solid Turbo. Don't forget that your core muscles also twist your core. I would add something that uses that function, like wood choppers.

Looks like you are covering the bases, brother, with giantslayers advice added in.

I started doing those plus the woodchoppers and I can actually feel it helping my squats

Thanks guys!

Can you explain how to do wood chippers?

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
You want to strengthen the lower back and I don't see any good mornings or variations of it. Big mistake.

I have been wanting to do them, but I've been hesitant because of my back.

I was concerned I might hurt it doing them.

I might try them next week and just start with 95 pounds.

I also need to find a video to see how to do gm's the right way.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I have to strongly agree BI here, gud mornings played a huge roll in recovery from my back probs. Stiff leg dl's were great too

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
wood choppers and kettle bell lifts... for the good mornings just use the bar until you get used to it...

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
wood choppers and kettle bell lifts... for the good mornings just use the bar until you get used to it...

How do you do wood choppers sir?

Thanks IC, I'll start with the bar and just feel it out.

I was watching a video on how to do a GM and I also think I'm gonna raise the pins up higher than they are usually.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Now don't just stare at her ass...

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic