Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Experimenting

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
So quick question to those (women in particular) that use aas or prohormones or really anything similar.
When you first start out you wanna try a few diff things right, coz obviously some things work for some ppl and others work for other ppl.
My question is, do you stop with the experimenting when you find something that really just agrees with you? Like next to no sides, good results all that. Or is it worth trying a few more things just to see if that holy grail of substances is out there? Decisions....

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Men have quite a bit more options so it takes years to dial it in. Women, unless you plan on turning into a man, don't have so many options. Still, my wife has tried var from several sources, Winny, and primo. There are so many combinations of just those 3.

If you want results bad enough, you won't settle for "good." You keep searching. Keep pushing limits.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
It all depends on what your willing to accept for sides. And it is an individual thing. Some women break out and get hairy from var some can handle tren with minimal sides.
Personally I would stick to short Esther's if your gonna experiment with different stuff and go from there

T

The Rockette

TID Lady Member
Apr 16, 2013
Men have quite a bit more options so it takes years to dial it in. Women, unless you plan on turning into a man, don't have so many options. Still, my wife has tried var from several sources, Winny, and primo. There are so many combinations of just those 3.

If you want results bad enough, you won't settle for "good." You keep searching. Keep pushing limits.

I don't agree with this. Women can take almost anything a man can, without turning into a man as long as they start super low dose. They have to be extremely in tune with their body and be ready to bail at the first sign of unwanted sides.
It's a huge myth that's repeated all over the internet (usually by men that have ZERO grounds to be giving advice) that if women touches X drug they'll be a man the next day!
When in reality, It's much harder for women to turn "manly" (which is a subjective term) than people think, it's not like one day we wake up and are like wow, I have a wiener and beard, KWIM?

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Maybe I can revise my statement to say that men don't have to be as carefull. This leaves the experimentation pretty much wide open on dose and compound. I think most women won't consider tren, for instance, and will be more conservative on dose. Just for the record, I know a lot of women with deeper voices. You may not wake up with a penis but don't underestimate the risks.

Last edited:
Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
K, I'm not sure what you mean by "experimenting" are you saying take one compound at a time for an actual cycle to see what that compound does for you? If your answer is yes, then my own personal opinion would be yes, you can experiment with what ever you want. Just be smart about your dosing and be aware of what sides that compound typically can cause and keep an eye out, if you start to get any sides you don't like, stop.

Yes, even tren. Everyone, including females can react very differently to the same compounds. I agree with RR about choosing short esters.

Yeah Jenner the one compound at a time to determine sides, effectiveness etcetera is exactly what I'm saying.
On my first time on anything, which admittedly was a prohormone, I had what I now consider quite bad sides, but because everyone mentions acne and being a bit moody n stuff I thought it was kinda normal. It's only now I'm like woah, that shit didn't agree with me at all apparently coz now I'm not getting all of that shit and results are awesome. In comparison to my current cycle, it's hard for me to imagine getting better results with less heartache so hence the question originally posted.
Mostly I was just curious if other users found something that worked for them and just ran with it (properly of course) or whether everyone else is like me in wanting to try pretty much everything within reason.

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
Maybe I can revise my statement to say that men don't have to be as carefull. This leaves the experimentation pretty much wide open on dose and compound. I think most women won't consider tren, for instance, and will be more conservative on dose. Just for the record, I know a lot of women with deeper voices. You may not wake up with a penis but don't underestimate the risks.

I get this, obviously some serious consideration as to dose and virilisation effects are going to be a major contributor to compound and ester selection. Men do seem to have more freedom in this regard or at least can be slightly more bold. *sigh* but there's so many things to try!

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Yeah Jenner the one compound at a time to determine sides, effectiveness etcetera is exactly what I'm saying.
On my first time on anything, which admittedly was a prohormone, I had what I now consider quite bad sides, but because everyone mentions acne and being a bit moody n stuff I thought it was kinda normal. It's only now I'm like woah, that shit didn't agree with me at all apparently coz now I'm not getting all of that shit and results are awesome. In comparison to my current cycle, it's hard for me to imagine getting better results with less heartache so hence the question originally posted.
Mostly I was just curious if other users found something that worked for them and just ran with it (properly of course) or whether everyone else is like me in wanting to try pretty much everything within reason.

Prohormones are iffy because they always manage to package them w/ other shit to make them sound 'better". Also they aren't true steroids but something somewhere up the chain from the true (and controlled) compound. The main reason people go to the prohormones is because they are available OTC, whereas, obviously, steroids are not. Generally speaking, the recommendation would be to go w/ the "real thing" because (assuming you have a legit product from a legit source), it is just that compound and not other stuff like anti-e's and whatever else to make it sell better. And also, if they are not pharma-grade, the quality can be iffy as well. (Not to say homebrew / powder-originated steroids are pharma-grade + clean room production either)

As far as "experimenting" - obviously you have to start somewhere. But if your goal is to "try a steroid", I would ONLY recommend anavar. Altho there are no guarantees w/ any cycle, var tends to be the most consistent. Everything else above that comes w/ a chance of more and greater androgenic sides. Also understand the nature of each other compound. For ex, winstrol, tho many rank it next to or near anavar in terms of sides, can be much more androgenic (e.g. hairloss, etc.) and also has a generally greater chance of producing sides like low-grade flu. Some can work great w/ winstrol, others immediately start losing hair, have trouble w/ dry joints, break out like a bitch, etc.

Also w/ "experimenting" you need to keep in mind the time it takes to run a reasonable steroid cycle to make a judgement on the compound before you can jump to the next compound. Also if you don't allow reasonable time before the next run, you start looking at cumulative effects of compounds and greater sides. This can also start producing sides you might not have seen w/ each individual cycle well-separated in time. (E.g. chin hair, voice change, blood pressure, lipids, etc.) And over time, this also goes to what is your goal in running the cycles in the first place - more steroid may actually be more aggressive than you were looking for.

Staying within the shorter-acting esters, your choices are generally: Var, winstrol, oral turinabol, masteron, primo. Getting into the more anabolic & longer-acting injectables, you'd be looking at test prop, NPP, EQ - there have a significantly longer detection time, and sides that become much more aggressive, and even more so w/ continued use of steroids in general.

"Experimenting" is a long-term pursuit that requires patience. So, just sayin'. In the whole process, don't forget to still focus more on your diet & training, as any cycle should only be supporting your diet /training /recovery foundation. And as a side note, be aware of the "nature" of each compound. Which have "anti-estrogenic" qualities (may produce dry joints), which aromatize (convert to estrogen -> water retention, etc.). And then, within yourself, be familiar with how you "normally" are (mood, quality of sleep, stress levels), and be open to becoming aware of subtle changes that might be due to the particular compound - e.g. some people have anxiety problems on EQ, some people have more voice change issues on NPP, some people turn into raving bitches on winstrol. I've seen people turn into pricks on certain compounds and not even become aware of it. It seems the worst of it happens when your hormones are in flux - either at the beginning or end of a cycle when everything is in flux. I always compare it to that-time-of-the-month - people become more moody or whatever but don't even notice it, but the people around them start wondering wtf is going on. And same w/ things like blood pressure - particularly as a result of cumulative cycles.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I get this, obviously some serious consideration as to dose and virilisation effects are going to be a major contributor to compound and ester selection. Men do seem to have more freedom in this regard or at least can be slightly more bold. *sigh* but there's so many things to try!

You ever read the "Anabolic" section of any steroid board? The issues they have w/ getting an erection after running a cycle? Bitch tits? Water retention? Dealing w/ a raging hardon for the duration of a cycle followed by complete test shutdown? The emotional / anxiety issues they have. At least w/ women, there is a general guidance to keep the dosages to a small amount, whereas there are soooo many guys who live by the "UP THE DOSE!" theme. These are the guys who start having serious health issues in their 40s. (I could tell you stories....) Ain't nuttin for free!

For women, NOT having that degree of stuff they can get away with, keeps it simple. It's not all about trying a thousand different compounds, but rather using a well-selected compound and dosage (i.e. "the sweet spot") and leveraging the hell out of consistency, persistence, stress management and good diet and they can produce GREAT results on that small amount for personal or competitive purposes.

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
Prohormones are iffy because they always manage to package them w/ other shit to make them sound 'better". Also they aren't true steroids but something somewhere up the chain from the true (and controlled) compound. The main reason people go to the prohormones is because they are available OTC, whereas, obviously, steroids are not. Generally speaking, the recommendation would be to go w/ the "real thing" because (assuming you have a legit product from a legit source), it is just that compound and not other stuff like anti-e's and whatever else to make it sell better. And also, if they are not pharma-grade, the quality can be iffy as well. (Not to say homebrew / powder-originated steroids are pharma-grade + clean room production either)

As far as "experimenting" - obviously you have to start somewhere. But if your goal is to "try a steroid", I would ONLY recommend anavar. Altho there are no guarantees w/ any cycle, var tends to be the most consistent. Everything else above that comes w/ a chance of more and greater androgenic sides. Also understand the nature of each other compound. For ex, winstrol, tho many rank it next to or near anavar in terms of sides, can be much more androgenic (e.g. hairloss, etc.) and also has a generally greater chance of producing sides like low-grade flu. Some can work great w/ winstrol, others immediately start losing hair, have trouble w/ dry joints, break out like a bitch, etc.

Also w/ "experimenting" you need to keep in mind the time it takes to run a reasonable steroid cycle to make a judgement on the compound before you can jump to the next compound. Also if you don't allow reasonable time before the next run, you start looking at cumulative effects of compounds and greater sides. This can also start producing sides you might not have seen w/ each individual cycle well-separated in time. (E.g. chin hair, voice change, blood pressure, lipids, etc.) And over time, this also goes to what is your goal in running the cycles in the first place - more steroid may actually be more aggressive than you were looking for.

Staying within the shorter-acting esters, your choices are generally: Var, winstrol, oral turinabol, masteron, primo. Getting into the more anabolic & longer-acting injectables, you'd be looking at test prop, NPP, EQ - there have a significantly longer detection time, and sides that become much more aggressive, and even more so w/ continued use of steroids in general.

"Experimenting" is a long-term pursuit that requires patience. So, just sayin'. In the whole process, don't forget to still focus more on your diet & training, as any cycle should only be supporting your diet /training /recovery foundation. And as a side note, be aware of the "nature" of each compound. Which have "anti-estrogenic" qualities (may produce dry joints), which aromatize (convert to estrogen -> water retention, etc.). And then, within yourself, be familiar with how you "normally" are (mood, quality of sleep, stress levels), and be open to becoming aware of subtle changes that might be due to the particular compound - e.g. some people have anxiety problems on EQ, some people have more voice change issues on NPP, some people turn into raving bitches on winstrol. I've seen people turn into pricks on certain compounds and not even become aware of it. It seems the worst of it happens when your hormones are in flux - either at the beginning or end of a cycle when everything is in flux. I always compare it to that-time-of-the-month - people become more moody or whatever but don't even notice it, but the people around them start wondering wtf is going on. And same w/ things like blood pressure - particularly as a result of cumulative cycles.

I'm not sure where to start to reply to this sassy - so much info.
I will start by saying your info is solid and I respect everything I've read that you've put on this board (outside of this thread included) and I totally understand that a lot of people approach this topic without any background knowledge.
However, I am not one of those people. I am a biotechnologist with substantial human biology knowledge as well and don't tend to use the word 'experimenting' in the same context as the average joe on the street. It is new for me to apply what I know to hormone manipulation, but I do a lot of research. Maybe I'm just taking quotation marks personally, and maybe I shouldn't have used a word so flippantly....
This question was really asking about personal approaches, not so much technicalities. I'm fairly adept at accumulating cold hard facts- but I don't have anyone really to discuss these more subtle ideas that pop up with. Except this forum. You can probably appreciate that there aren't any published studies on how many illegal steroids the average female user has tried before finding the sweet spot for their application.
Prohormones where I am, are not OTC. I started with them on the advice of a trainer who I thought knew his shit, but it turns out was less informed than I gave him credit for. At that time, my time was very precious so I didn't research as I should have and that lands squarely at my feet. It was a lesson well learned. I also started using them well before I probably should have in a 'time in training' context. But again that lands right next to the PH use at my feet.
My goals are:
Be fvcking strong and look like I could remove heads from shoulders with bare hands.
Hulk-style shirt-ripping bad-assery with
'Can I touch your biceps' requests.
Probably not normal female objectives but I don't care. At my huge 5'3" that should be interesting to say the least.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
So quick question to those (women in particular) that use aas or prohormones or really anything similar.
When you first start out you wanna try a few diff things right, coz obviously some things work for some ppl and others work for other ppl.
My question is, do you stop with the experimenting when you find something that really just agrees with you? Like next to no sides, good results all that. Or is it worth trying a few more things just to see if that holy grail of substances is out there? Decisions....

You always have to plan a way for yourself . You could post here and ask but not one person can answer . Only you can. Anything and everything in bodybuilding is self exploratory . Never trust internet people . There is many great things about a forum but reliable advice is not one

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic