pbtom
What's New?

Back pain in left side of my back

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014
Ok guys and gals I need some advice.

I will try and be as descriptive as possible on what's going on.

The left side of my back right in the middle just to the side of my spine has been bothering me lately. It started at work when I was lifting things and turning. It wasn't real painful and subsided after a day or so so I didn't pay any attention to it. A few days later I ran 3 miles and I felt it a little so i didn't push it. The next morning it was pretty tight and I did back that day but didn't push it everything seemed ok just tight.

Well I woke up this morning it was really tight and I did shoulders and traps. When doing bb shrugs it really felt uncomfortable so I stopped. It's not intense pain just annoying as Hell and hurts to turn our bend certain ways.

Anyone have any stretches that they can recommend that may help?

Thanks

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014
Look up agile 8...

Thanks!!! I looked it up and tried them. I didn't feel any discomfort while doing them so I think that's good. I may just take a few days off and see what happens. I took some aleve and put an ice pack on it. It's feeling better right now so we will see how tomorrow morning goes.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Nice I hope it works out or you I need to start doing all those stretches myself, easy to skimp on....

Q

Queefer

Dec 13, 2011
I like to use Kratom for my back pain. Works like a charm for pain relieving properties.

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014
I like to use Kratom for my back pain. Works like a charm for pain relieving properties.

I looked into kratom, it looks like it works well for pain relief. It may be more than I need Aleve seems to be working at the moment and my back feels much better today.

I talked to a dr. Friend of mine and he says it could be tendonitis in my back. He said all my symptoms and the area in which it hurts all point to that. He gave me some stretches and a softball to roll on the muscles in my back. Said not much can be done just lighten my workouts up for a few weeks and be very strict on form just don't push it. Yesterday it felt like a knife was digging into the left side of my back at times. Today is much better so I hope it gets even better tomorrow.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I hope it does too. listen to ur friend, and ur body, and take the time off needed to heal not just feel better

R

ruthlezz_1

Sep 20, 2010
Sounds like a bulging disc to me. An inversion table did wonders for my back, also daily stretching.

stretches4_lowerback_1thru9.gif

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
maybe a trip to the Chiro?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Sounds like a bulging disc to me. An inversion table did wonders for my back, also daily stretching.

stretches4_lowerback_1thru9.gif

Not a bad diagram you posted...

Any injured areas like this where you find frequent stretching is necessary to kill the pain should also be addressed with strength training.

Work and build muscle in the back focusing on where your pain is will fix this long term. It seems almost counter intuitive but deadlifts and good mornings and rows and whatever else you can do to add muscle to these areas is key.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic