Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

New methods label the old methods

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Ive been training myself and others for long time, Ive always prescribed to doing various stratagies as, most Bodybuilders no matter what they say NEVER do straight sets or strict form 100% of the time. You begin that way then increase the intensity of each set and/or repetition by employing other means. In my 30 years Ive recently been impressed and have thrown myself into this whole idea , Ironically at my gym all the trainers like myself have masters degrees but they specialize in sports training or olympic - Bodybuilding is really not emphasized in any ceritification process. My close friend and owner of my m main gym , he is also Master In Physical Ed , CSCS, champion AAU lifter and trainer of many many amateur champs. He has never prescibed to the Bodybuilding principles like pre-exhaust , or extended rpes ect as until recently there was no Human decisive research, but with all this MRI and EMG stuff, there has been documentation that you dont need only heavy weight to grow, in fact duration under tension, fiber splitting, taxing your nervouse system all play role in growth. Even natural bodybuilders can increase their rate 7x that of normal person, so imagine those using chemical assistance LOL :D:D- Ive made some notes from the collection of books that I have - in fact I have no issue sedning anyone copy via email , but These methods have helped me and the kids I work with to such a degree that I cant keep it to myself. Its renewed my enthusiasm and motivation- during a period when I tore my hip labrium and 2 years ago I could not walk, but rehab and exercise and bodybuilding - I am not only back to where I was , but better. At 50 I am stronger than when I was 25,

The semistretched point of an
e x e rc i s e’s stroke is key. You need to overload that sweet spot,
especially on the big, compound exerc i s e s, if you want to
maximize your mass gains. The best way is with X-Rep partials
at the end of a strict set or Stage Se t s, which are a series of
e x a g g e rated X Reps right off the bat that encompass the
s e m i s t retched position, and/or Double-X Overload, which is
the between-reps hitch method we saw Ronnie Coleman using
on shrugs at the semistretched point and that big Jay Cu t l e r
uses on almost eve ry exercise in his mass-building pro g ra m .
We’ll review X Reps and analyze all the other X-Rep hybri d
techniques, as well as have more discussion on those two pro
bodybuilders’ training techniques, later in this e-book.

While it’s important to
overload the semistretched position on eve ry exerc i s e, yo u
should also stri ve for continuous tension to block blood flow.
T h a t’s one reason to use isolation exercises after your big
compound move—for more concentrated continuous tension,
which produces significant occlusion, or blood-flow
impairment, which in turn stimulates another level of muscle
g rowth. Note: Some isolation exercises re q u i re part i a l - ra n g e
reps to occlude the muscle properly, such as dumbbell flyes on
which you should do only the bottom two-thirds of the stroke
of each rep to maintain continuous tension. (That was an
Arnold favorite;
While semistretched overload
is important, you also need stretched-position exercises to
ramp up anabolic hormones and perhaps trigger hyperplasia,
or fiber splitting. It’s another layer of growth production that
can get you bigger much faster!
You must train a muscle from
three distinct angles—midrange, contracted and stretched—in
o rder to maximize fiber activation. Eve ry exercise for each
b o d y p a rt falls into one of those categories—and if you add extended reps or hybrid methods
c o r re c t l y, you only need one to two sets in each position to maximize size stimulation very, very quickly!

Barbell curs with slight cheat after strict setBarbell curls with a slight
train the midrange
position, concentration curls
work the biceps in their
contracted position, with
occlusion, and incline curls
(below) work the biceps’
stretch position, which can
trigger fiber splitting and
anabolic hormone release

Change on a regular basis can
create faster adapation, i.e. growth. That’s the reason you need
a va riety of set and -Rep techniques in your mass-building arsenal.
Switch them up often, providing your muscles with differe n t
stress overloads to cope with, and you’ll grow like never before.

With a Positions of Flexion protocol you train each target
bodypart in three positions—midrange, contracted and stretch—to
complete the full-range muscle-building chain. Each of those
positions has a specific purpose, as follows:
Midrange: Stimulates the bulk of the muscle fibers with synergy,
or muscle teamwork. When a number of muscles work together—
such as the chest, triceps and deltoids during bench presses—the
target (chest) is more effectively stimulated with heavy overload.
The human muscle structures are designed to work in tandem for
maximum power output, so these movements are simply more
natural than forced isolation. Examples include squats, bench
presses and chins. Best X-hybrid technique for midrange exercises:
X/Pause, Double-X Overload, Stage (on those with bone-supported
lockout, like squats and bench presses).
C o n t r a c t e d : Here you place the target muscle in the most
advantageous position for it to contract. These exercises usually
have continuous tension, so they are perfect for extreme occlusion.
Examples include leg extensions, cable crossovers and leg curls.
Best X-hybrid techniques for contracted-position exercises: X Fade,
Double-X Overload.
S t r e t c h : Here you put the target muscle in its ul timate
elongated, or stretched, state against resistance. Examples include
flyes for the chest, stiff-legged deadlifts for the hamstrings and
sissy squats for the quads. The stretch forces the activation of the
myotatic reflex, which is believed to cause the recruitment of
reserve muscle fibers in the target muscle. When the target is
stretched with a quick twitch to reverse the movement, the nervous
system receives an emergency-response signal, and the muscle is
put in a hypercontracted state. This can recruit reserve muscle
fibers, which means more of the target muscle is stimulated to
grow, a perfect way to end a bodypart workout. Important bonus:
Stretch overload has also been found in research studies to trigger
hyperplasia, or fiber splitting, in animals. Best X-hybrid techniques
for stretch-position exercises: Double-X Overload (an X Rep
between every full rep, which emphasizes the stretch).
Note: For more information on POF as well as other POF
routines, see Train, Eat, Grow: The Positions-of-Flexion Muscle-
Training Manual, available at www.Home-Gym.com

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Good stuff man. I agree with pretty much everything you mentioned.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Yes K: I have always enjoyed the stuff put out by Johnathan Lawson and Steve Holman (the X-rep guys) and had generally good experiences when I used their training methods. But I wasn't challenged enough by it, maybe because I was working out alone and didn't know then how much harder I could push myself. Now I have an awesome trainer I am making huge progress and I know a lot more about pushing myself to failure. So if I ever go back to their stuff, I expect I'll have a better experience than ever. . .

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Yes K: I have always enjoyed the stuff put out by Johnathan Lawson and Steve Holman (the X-rep guys) and had generally good experiences when I used their training methods. But I wasn't challenged enough by it, maybe because I was working out alone and didn't know then how much harder I could push myself. Now I have an awesome trainer I am making huge progress and I know a lot more about pushing myself to failure. So if I ever go back to their stuff, I expect I'll have a better experience than ever. . .

Bro I have had over 30 people including myself . All their methods are supported by human testing . We have had the best results of our lives . It's clear that if you didn't feel pushed it's because it's you going the extra ! It's called xreps cuz YOU extend each set and rep and they only took the most effective methods used by the most famous bodybuilders over generations and gave it names , they did not invent then . Arnold , ferrigno , platz Coleman , cutler to name a few . On the movie pumping iron you saw ferrigno using them on bench, Arnold on curls . You get what you put in. No matter what workout system one uses the rep and set schemes can be added. I've worked out daily myself since 1978 I'm making the best gains just adhering to altering my sets. Just take like your 4 sets say of chins . I do 12 Reps with 100 tied to my waste . Last two I may either unbuckle the plate when I can't do more than hop up do as many more as I can and then when I'm unable to go full rep I'll pulse out few partials with constant tension meaning only 4 inches Reps. That is 12 reps of wide grip chins with a 100 pound plate tied . 12 full Reps, I take less than 2 seconds unbuckle the plate belt release the 100 pounds , then with only my 265 pound body do another 3-4 full Reps followed by 2-4 partials . I get the heavier weight for growth plus the extra tension for hyperplasia and fiber splitting growth. In month I could not wear same dress shirts gave them away . This is at age 50 with 32 years steady training . You need to discipline yourself to train through the pain . Personally I don't yell or scream either and I never myself use a trainer or partner . But to each his own . I'm tellin ya all to try it / unless you can't take it as it does take time to condition your mind and nervous system to take it.

Last edited:
ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Plus sucks now finding xxxl tops , suit jackets forget it! I take xxxl shirt now most if time I can't fit my upper arm past shoulder through sleeve . I'm considering custom made now . To grow after years of living with the law of diminishing returns , crazy. Your training and eating really do define your body not your pills or chems

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Ketsugo started lifting when I was negative 2 years old... guess that explains why I am only a XXL :(

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Ketsugo started lifting when I was negative 2 years old... guess that explains why I am only a XXL :(

Sheesh am I that old lol believe it or not I don't want to be huge lol - I like the Rambo 3 look only I out weigh sly by 100 pounds but I admire the guy as he still looks great and he is in his 60s anyone catch the flick " sabotage " Arnold is looking haggard but still good he is like almost 70 . To me the 1975 Arnold was greatest looking physique ever .

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011

Plus you will as you get older fight the weight gain but stay in the gym as it will likely be muscle but you get all the lay people that can't handle you look so huge! Don't you agree that I don't consider aas or hgh " cheating" it takes skill and know how to still get better gear isn't a short cut, I see kids at gym ( even on other forum) that look so bloated and puffy yuck ! No matter if you are 195 or 275 you should look great not like a fat lard lol agreed?? Lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic