Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Pre-Lift Routine

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
If I lift at 11a, I start the day off with 2 donuts and a scoop of protein.
I may throw in a banana and almonds as well.

Then 30 min before I drink 12oz of gatorade/powerade and half of a redline.

If I"m lifting at 4:45p, I'll eat my usual meals but at around 1p I'll eat a local
sub sandwich with fries. Then maybe a few sips of gatorade and some caffeine pre.

What's everyone's pre-lift routine for heavy days?

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Gawd....the joys of a young body!

Today for example: Clean all Day. Had Liver and aminos for breakfast, Salmon, shrimp and raw oysters and green neans for lunch, coming up at 2pm est. a ny strip steak with sauteed asparagus. At 4 a shake with some carbs to gear up. Then at 4:45 either Methl Stym, Assualt or Nuclear with Amino acids taken before workout, during and after workout. Workout at 5:30. Post workout Mass Maker shake with 100gs of carb and 50 gs of protein with liver tabs bringing total protein intake to 70gs. Hour and a half later a stek or a fish with carbs. Carbs the rest of the night to recover.

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014
usually 4 eggs with dry wheat toast first thing. Then Turkey, ham, egg, spinach, breakfast sandwich. 3rd meal chicken with brown rice and a steamed veggie. 4th meal fish, steak or chicken with more Brown rice and steamed veggies. And I mix in 2 snacks throughout the day. And some cereal before bed sometimes

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Usually just coffee for me, but I have a schedule change coming up and I might have to lift at the end of the day.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I like to train on an empty stomach.

I used to eat before, but it just made me sluggish.

I can eat some type of yogurt though and it doesn't make me feel tired, but I'd rather just not eat until later.

I used to think I needed the energy to get me through the workout but I don't think that's true.

I have more energy not eating than if I did, with the exception of yogurt.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Funny, if I do eat anything it's usually yogurt.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I train around 6-630 so my last full meal is around 1p.

Today was 10-12 oz of roasted lamb with garlic green beans and roasted red potatoes.....couple of bananas, a cliff bar, 50g protein shake in between then I'll have 2 pop tarts on the way over.

Tonight is deload so no need for prewo....just lots of stretching and form checking.

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014
I train around 6-630 so my last full meal is around 1p.

Today was 10-12 oz of roasted lamb with garlic green beans and roasted red potatoes.....couple of bananas, a cliff bar, 50g protein shake in between then I'll have 2 pop tarts on the way over.

Tonight is deload so no need for prewo....just lots of stretching and form checking.

Yum!!!!! Roasted lamb sounds yummy right now

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408397965.439747.jpg

There it is.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I like to train on an empty stomach.

I used to eat before, but it just made me sluggish.

I can eat some type of yogurt though and it doesn't make me feel tired, but I'd rather just not eat until later.

I used to think I needed the energy to get me through the workout but I don't think that's true.

I have more energy not eating than if I did, with the exception of yogurt.

I'll eat a boat load of complex carbs 3-4 hours before and then just 20g or so of simple prior.
What do you eat on say 1rm, 2, 3rm days, 3-4 hours before?

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I'll eat a boat load of complex carbs 3-4 hours before and then just 20g or so of simple prior.
What do you eat on say 1rm, 2, 3rm days, 3-4 hours before?

Usually I try to train early in the morning after I get up. So even on a higher % day I don't like to eat anything.

BUT, if I have to train later then I just eat small stuff. 5 eggs, and oatmeal about 2 hours before. Or a shake with some donuts like you mentioned.

I can eat oatmeal prior to training and not get tired.

But if I do the donuts or other carbohydrates they have to be setup like you setup yours. 4 hours before or so.

But honestly, I prefer going heavy on an empty stomach.

Its funny to me because it goes against all the rules I was taught when I first got into lifting. Haha

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
If in the morning jus a protien shake with oats an a Power aide while training...
evening I don't do anything speacial jus my reg diet... Fried shicken or whatever lol..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic