Kiddorism
What's New?

Ebola being brought into the USA

Yaya

Yaya

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2012
What's ur opinion?

It's obvious we have the best medical facilties and experts in the world but I wish we sent our health professionals and equipment to them in Africa..

All it takes is 1 fumble to change the course of the game

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
I agree, don't bring that shit here, with almost a 90% mortality rate, I'll pass, should have kept it over there.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
... I don't see any homeopaths rushing in to help with the Ebola outbreak ... They seem to be ready to sell you the ****ing cure for everything but when the shit hits the fan they're no where to be found

O

oldnslow

Jun 6, 2013
I'm sure the White House has an extra room.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I thought there was a case here a few years ago already? I recall seeing a specimen slide, thought it was Ebola.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
What's ur opinion?

It's obvious we have the best medical facilties and experts in the world but I wish we sent our health professionals and equipment to them in Africa..

All it takes is 1 fumble to change the course of the game

Good point about the fumble. However if you think about it, with the speed and volume of travel around the world and to the US, we are at risk every day of a newly infected person who is asymptomatic coming from Africa to the US and developing signs of the disease only after they are on the plane or already here.

Also, if you looked into it I think you would find there are laboratories in the US where Ebola is actively studied and managed. So with proper handling (and make no mistake, the people handling know the stakes here) the increase in risk is minimal to non-existent, while the chances of saving the victims is increased greatly.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I blame Mexico, probably came thru the open border.

H

hardpr

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2012
like rick said in walking dead. we are gonna need bodies. :(

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Ebola is not an airborne virus....I think the possibility of an outbreak here is so slim, that the infected Americans should be brought back here. Look at the facility they are going back to. Not that a fumble can't happen, but these are Americans doing relief work overseas. I don't think they should be left to die in Africa. Hell, we study ebola, small pox and everything else in labs in this country. I don't think the chance of an outbreak from these people is anymore then one spewing out of one of our labs.

The real danger is someone coming here who isn't showing any signs of the disease yet, or someone with Ebola walking across our open boarder.

PS - I don't like liberals.

Yaya

Yaya

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ebola is not an airborne virus....I think the possibility of an outbreak here is so slim, that the infected Americans should be brought back here. Look at the facility they are going back to. Not that a fumble can't happen, but these are Americans doing relief work overseas. I don't think they should be left to die in Africa. Hell, we study ebola, small pox and everything else in labs in this country. I don't think the chance of an outbreak from these people is anymore then one spewing out of one of our labs.

The real danger is someone coming here who isn't showing any signs of the disease yet, or someone with Ebola walking across our open boarder.

PS - I don't like liberals.

^^^^^ another Massachusetts liberal..

U guys are the worst

I could never live in that state

DF

DF

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2012
Wasn't there just a story about how our labs fukd up & released Anthrax?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Pretty good quote why there is no research/vaccine for it:

ittle pharmaceutical interest has also slowed manufacturing, added Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases division of the National Institutes of Health. His group is working on an experimental vaccine that will begin clinical trials in September.

“There was no profit for them,” Fauci said. “Ebola was first recognized in 1976, and to the present time, excluding the current outbreak, there were only 2,200 total cases. With a disease burden that low, people are not interested in making a vaccine, I can assure you.”

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic