Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Low carb

Bmfmichael

Bmfmichael

May 11, 2014
Each day is different but i get in around 1600-1700 cals, 130grams of carbs, 240grams protein, 30grams of fat.
After leg day i have whole wheat pancakes around 96 carbs. Is this good enough to get lean. Are carbs low enough?

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Watch your body and see.
Personally I hack mine down to almost zero unless u count green beans and asparagus.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I watch calories in vs calories burned when trying to thin out a lil and not so much the breakdown

Bmfmichael

Bmfmichael

May 11, 2014
I do an hour of cardio(1000 calories burned) and i lift i burn tons of calories i can probably eat 3000 calories

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
How much do you weigh? What are your stats? Program?

1600-1700 kcal a day...man you're gonna be a lean but bitchy as hell. Intolerable.

If you're not then good luck....

MaxSeg

MaxSeg

MuscleHead
Aug 23, 2012
I thin 1700 kcal might be a snack........ ;)

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Each day is different but i get in around 1600-1700 cals, 130grams of carbs, 240grams protein, 30grams of fat.
After leg day i have whole wheat pancakes around 96 carbs. Is this good enough to get lean. Are carbs low enough?

Losing fat has nothing to do with carbs only. It's a bit more complicated . Total calories not carbs. Long term low carb is not the most efficiency . Carbs spare protien, fight cortisol , primary preference of fuel for all mammals . After your workout you need more carbs to recover , replenish glycogen stores etc. otherwise flat listless don't buy all that keto bullshit . May work short term but you want a method you can live with.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I think it's great that you are into fitness at your age, but you are all over the place. Just settle down and lift for awhile. You are not fat, no 15yo needs to low carb.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Yes that's low enough. It's not keto but you don't want keto right now. Low carb has many benefits including increased insulin sensitivity. Keep up the good work.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Yes that's low enough. It's not keto but you don't want keto right now. Low carb has many benefits including increased insulin sensitivity. Keep up the good work.

Actually there are more proven issues than the short term benefits . Increased insulin sensitivity is not proven and very questionable . Long term keto is not healthy or beneficial especially to athletes .

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Carbohydrate spares protien and blunts cortisol it's as vital to bodybuilders as protien . They key is to time it properly and eat natural sources . The keto community has created too much hysteria over insulin. - which is needed - in fact all successful pro bodybuilders of today use synthetic insulin it's how and why that dwarf yesterday's pros - in fact it will pile on more slabs if muscle than any steroid and way quicker- yes it has lethal potential but the way 1000s use it safely is by concentrating on eating carbs at certain intervals .
While kerogenic can lose fat quickly short term. A bodybuilder goal is one to save muscle and 2 have ton of energy to train like mad! Long term keto does not compare ! Carbs are vital .while very few will say they don't lose energy . Most can't stay on it . In fact there is in research a muscle protien AkT that activate pathways on cellular leave for protien synthesis . Glycogen depletion aka keto shuts this off. That not good if you want to build or keep muscle stay strong or keep metabolism high. IGF -1 also lowers as well as AMPk keto actually inhibits the process of protien synthesis directly and hinders the process if muscle contraction .keto peeps will say keto spares protien during training cuz ketones reduce conversion of aminos to glucose , however during anaerobic training weight training this is not so.
Carbs spare hard earned muscle and allow hardest focus and training ! Do you all know what adenosine tri phosphate is? ATP? It can only produce with abundant glucose . We also need insulin again the most anabolic and anti -catabolic hormone. Keto increase cortisol production a stress hormone that breaks down muscle - kills muscles . Keto diets damage insulin receptors not cool ! Numerous numerous studies show consuming proper amounts of carbs before and after training delay fatigue and increase performance more efficiently that any keto shit ! Our rare of muscle recovery correlates with our rate of glycogen replenishment .
Weight loss can be more efficient and proven with the cycling of the macros to avoid the adjustment the body makes . While each person will have their own individual requirement of macro ratio. Keto is not the most popular Or the most widely used because it's not healthy or long term. I guess if bodybuilding is about short cuts then carry on, but I use it to be healthier and perform better and I been doing so for 32 years I'm 50 and daily workout since early teens . Slow and steady wins

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic