Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

I need help on burning body fat

B

Beastmode

Jul 31, 2014
Hi Im still fairly new to the lean muscle scene and I've been on a diet which made me drop about 17lbs but now im stuck Im not gaining any muscle nor am I dropping body fat , Any suggestions ?

K

Kunce Squad

Jul 19, 2014
How long have you been dieting for? I think you need a break from dieting or calorie deficit. Continued calorie deficit can lead to hormonal issues.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
You're going to have to give us the whole story.
bodyfat
old diet
current diet, how long
Training program
Etc.

vauge questions receive vague answers.

B

Beastmode

Jul 31, 2014
Well I'm 23 , 240lbs, body fat is between 25 to 20%, wasn't on a diet until now
Current diet is :
Meal1:
5 egg whites 1 yellow
Meal2:
2 boiled eggs with protein shake
Meal3:
3 chicken breast with white rice
Meal4:
2 boiled eggs with protein shake
Meal5(just before training):
6 egg whites and 1 yellow
Meal6:
3 chicken breasts with half a cup of green beans
And I'm on the diet now for 5 months

Training program is :
Monday (Chest):

Incline Bench:3 sets
Flat Bench:3 sets
Incline dumbell press:3 sets
Incline Fly's:3 sets
Flat Dumbell press:3 sets
Flat Fly's:3 sets
Chest Press:3 sets
Crossover cables:3 sets

Tuesday (Back):

Chin ups:3 sets
Dead lift:3 sets
Seated rows:3 sets
Lat pull down:3 sets
Wide grip seated rows:3 sets
One arm upright rows:3 sets
Wide grip upright rows:3 sets

Wednesday(Arms):

Triceps:

Close grip Skull crushers:3 sets
Push downs:3 sets
Reverse Pull downs:3 sets
One arm Pull downs:3 sets
Wide grip Skull crushers:3 sets
Kick backs:3 sets
Dips:3 sets

Biceps:

Incline dumbell curls:3 sets
Seated dumbell curls:3 sets
Standing dumbell curls:3 sets
Barbell 21's:3 sets
Hammer curl drop sets : 3 sets
EZ bar Curls:3 sets
Preacher Curls:3 sets
Seated Hammer Curls:3 sets

Thursday(Shoulders):
Shoulder Press:3 sets
Shrugs drop sets:3 sets
Lateral raises:3 sets
Seated Lateral raises:3 sets
Seated fly's:3 sets

Friday(Legs):

Quads:
Leg extensions:2 sets warm up
Squats:6 sets
Leg press:3 sets
Hack Squat:3 sets
Lunges:3 sets
Leg extensions:3 sets

Hamstrings:
Hamstring curls:3 sets
Stiff leg dead lifts:3 sets
Standing Hamstring curls:3 sets

Calves:
Donkey calf:3 sets
Standing calf raises:3 sets
Seated calf raises:3 sets

Saturday(abs and cardio):
Sunday(Rest)

Everyday I do abs and cardio but Saturdays its only abs and cardio

My reps range from 12 to 8 reps except on certain things

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
What is the makeup of the protein you are taking in those shakes? Protein/Carbs/Fat?

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Q: have you lost weight since you started this diet? If so, how much? Based on your post, I can only assume your weight loss has stopped.

I have lost 55 lbs of weight since January 1 and am the leanest and most muscular I have ever been in my life ATM. So you can believe me when I say losing weight is all about fewer Kcals consumed versus Kcals expended in basal metabolism plus activities engaged in through the day.

Your diet looks to be fairly clean, but you may be eating too much food, if you are not losing 1 to 2 lbs of bodyweight per week. Or you may have shut down your metabolism so your body is saving fat for energy, because it thinks you are entering starvation mode (I doubt this based on how much you are eating).

If I were you, I would start weighing and measuring all your food, and logging it in a food log like Fitday.com or myfitnesspal. It is important to get the same amounts of macro nutrients and Kcals each and every day while cutting, so you can tell if you are eating too much or too little food. I can't emphasize how important this part is. Keep track of everything and keep your diet consistent from day to day, week to week and month to month except the occasional cheat.

Once you have that under control for a week or two, if you are not losing weight, I would cut down by 250 to 400 Kcals per day for the following week or two to see if you start losing again. If not, cut down another 250kcals.

It will be important to have cheat days occasionally, and every few months, a week off from the diet. These help re-charge your body and boost your metabolism. When your metabolism is running at a higher rate, you will burn fat more easily.

If you try all of the above and do not like the results (i.e. you are struggling to lose 1 to 2 lbs of weight each week) you can either try bulking for a while to put on muscle and re-boost your metabolism, or you can switch to a ketogenic diet (high protein, high fat, zero carb).

Good luck and keep us posted.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Changes to training:
-stop doing abs and cardio every day
-work your abs once a week like everything else. Trust me, your wasting your time with this.
-do three 25 minute HIIT cardio sessions per week
-make the last set of every exercise a drop set or superset. We need intensity. 4 exercises per bodypart is enough.

Changes to diet
-start your day with more fat. Try ground beef cooked in coconut oil
-add more veggies. Eat green veggies at every meal you can manage. Your diet lacks micros.
-vary your animal protein. Try some white fish or turkey.
-bake your animal proteins. No sauces.
Water? You drink water. Not tea. Not diet soda. Not BCAAs. Not vitamin water. You drink water with every meal.

Last edited:
woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Changes to training:
-stop doing abs and cardio every day
-work your abs once a week like everything else. Trust me, your wasting your time with this.
-do three 25 minute HIIT cardio sessions per week
-make the last set of every exercise a drop set or superset. We need intensity. 4 exercises per bodypart is enough.

Changes to diet
-start your day with more fat. Try ground beef cooked in coconut oil
-add more veggies. Eat green veggies at every meal you can manage. Your diet lacks micros.
-vary your animal protein. Try some white fish or turkey.
-bake your animal proteins. No sauces.
Water? You drink water. Not tea. Not diet soda. Not BCAAs. Not vitamin water. You drink water with every meal.

Excellent Post GS! I think I'll take some of this and incorporate it into my own diet. . .

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
I think there is much more then meets the eye with the thread starters post. 240# 25%bf 23 years young?
Buy only dropped 17# in 5 months? He is eating almost a keto diet. I dont know just how big they grow their chickens down there. For all I know those are 16 oz breast? So, maybe just too many total calories period.
I'm thinking there is additional calories being consumed then listed.

As Slayer said the protein diet needs so much more then what is being done now. It is now 8 days later since he posted last and since slayer made his post. Makes me wonder why a guy would write out that long post and not look back to see what members had to say?

Weight drop with that high BF and his age should not be so difficult.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I think there is much more then meets the eye with the thread starters post. 240# 25%bf 23 years young?
Buy only dropped 17# in 5 months? He is eating almost a keto diet. I dont know just how big they grow their chickens down there. For all I know those are 16 oz breast? So, maybe just too many total calories period.
I'm thinking there is additional calories being consumed then listed.

As Slayer said the protein diet needs so much more then what is being done now. It is now 8 days later since he posted last and since slayer made his post. Makes me wonder why a guy would write out that long post and not look back to see what members had to say?

Weight drop with that high BF and his age should not be so difficult.

There are a lot of these one post wonders around the boards. They make a single post, then the bros give them great feedback, and they disappear without a thank you or even acknowledgment that you helped them. It happens so often it feels like the movie groundhog day.

I also agree the story doesn't make a lot of sense. At that young age it should be easy to lose weight. But this guy is huge for such a youngun, so maybe he has a health issue. Or maybe he is lying to us. I guess we'll never know because he is gone now. . .

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Maybe he would have been happier if I told him to hop on tren and DNP?

B

Beastmode

Jul 31, 2014
Sorry guys I couldnt log on recently as I had some family issues that needed to be sorted but thanks for all the feedback from you guys I will take all of it in consideration looks like im in the right place for being helped , I drink 6 Lts of water a day (during training included), Im not sure about my shakes ratios will have to check , me and my bro are currently doing abs now every 3rd day but we keep up the cardio to a 15min session after training, and thank you all for the replies I will be on more regularly now

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic