Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

What do you do for your shoulders

J

Jacko0510

Jul 12, 2014
Anybody that has seen or commented on my other threads know I'm a relative beginner. (18 months in). So my question is what do you typically do for your shoulders. I used to seated db press front raises side raise rear delt raises uprights and shrugs. I've know swapped the seated press for military press. Is there a need for me to include any more exercises. I use DBS rather than cables. And do 3 to 5 working sets of each. Thanks lads

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Have you ever done push presses or standing Overhead presses? These will do wonders. Arnold's with DB's are also great.

sup3r_man

sup3r_man

Jul 28, 2014
I like to alternate barbell and dumbbell days. Like I'll do barbell press, upright rows, shrugs, and face pulls (although not barbell I know) then the other shoulder day I'll do more isolated dumbell exercises like raises and stuff.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
The trick here is going to be finding what makes YOU grow and be consistent with it. There's plenty of ways muscle can grow, but which will your shoulders respond to best? My advice is to try different methods for about 4-6 weeks at a time.

J

Jacko0510

Jul 12, 2014
Have you ever done push presses or standing Overhead presses? These will do wonders. Arnold's with DB's are also great.

Yeah just swopped from doing Arnold's i do standing presses now can't use much weight compared to seated smith machine presses but it's less pressure on my elbows

J

Jacko0510

Jul 12, 2014
The trick here is going to be finding what makes YOU grow and be consistent with it. There's plenty of ways muscle can grow, but which will your shoulders respond to best? My advice is to try different methods for about 4-6 weeks at a time.

Excellent thanks mate

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Yeah just swopped from doing Arnold's i do standing presses now can't use much weight compared to seated smith machine presses but it's less pressure on my elbows

Good stuff bro, the standing presses will make a big difference. Don't worry about the weight drop, that's normal fr everyone when switching from seated to standing. And no problem bro!

J

Jacko0510

Jul 12, 2014
Good stuff bro, the standing presses will make a big difference. Don't worry about the weight drop, that's normal fr everyone when switching from seated to standing. And no problem bro!

Whilst doing standing presses, I stand straight but nice seen done lads standing one leg In front of each other. I stand straight as I feel that will help my core strength plus give added strength to stay straight whilst squatting. What do u do. Ironsoul

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Whilst doing standing presses, I stand straight but nice seen done lads standing one leg In front of each other. I stand straight as I feel that will help my core strength plus give added strength to stay straight whilst squatting. What do u do. Ironsoul

I stand straight as well. I feel it really works my core and helps builds stabilizer muscles. I also feel I get more isolation on my deltoids this way. I see a lot of people use the split leg stance when doing push presses for the leg drive. But for the OHP you want to eliminate that

J

Jacko0510

Jul 12, 2014
I stand straight as well. I feel it really works my core and helps builds stabilizer muscles. I also feel I get more isolation on my deltoids this way. I see a lot of people use the split leg stance when doing push presses for the leg drive. But for the OHP you want to eliminate that

Ok. Thanks mate

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Now I don't bodybuilding. I don't lift for any look.
However I do a lot of push pressing and have built some good size shoulders.

I don't split jerk but I do use some leg

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Heavy push presses have made my shoulders huge this past year. Also side laterals with relatively light weight for high reps and Dumbbell military presses, neutral grip, for high reps and many sets have helped.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic