Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Abdominal Muscles

K

KMB

Dec 14, 2011
I'm 56. 180lbs. 5'11". 31' waist. Work out 6-7 days a week. I crush my abs weekly but can never see any definition. My diet is moderation in all things. Any advice on how to see a 6 pack. Hell, I'd settle for a 2 or 4 pack.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I'm 56. 180lbs. 5'11". 31' waist. Work out 6-7 days a week. I crush my abs weekly but can never see any definition. My diet is moderation in all things. Any advice on how to see a 6 pack. Hell, I'd settle for a 2 or 4 pack.

To see your abs more, you need to reduce your body fat percentage. Can you post up your diet?

K

KMB

Dec 14, 2011
Pre-workout drink. Post workout protein drink. Lunch is usually some type of protein and a vegetable. Dinner is pretty much the same. BF is currently around 14%

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
IMO, abs come from a combination of three areas:

1. Diet
2. Genetics
3. Ab work (direct and indirect)

You need #1 and one or the other, #2 or #3. If you have #1 and #2, there's probably no need for #3.

Example: Zane did endless ab work and had great abs to show for it; Franco did little to know ab work and also had great abs.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Pre-workout drink. Post workout protein drink. Lunch is usually some type of protein and a vegetable. Dinner is pretty much the same. BF is currently around 14%
Most won't see abs at 14%. Many have to get to at least 8-9%, but most can see them at around 10-11% (not ripped, but see them).

K

KMB

Dec 14, 2011
Thanks IronInsanity and Turbolag. I will keep working, eating right and trying to lower my BF. I appreciate your input and experience

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Thanks IronInsanity and Turbolag. I will keep working, eating right and trying to lower my BF. I appreciate your input and experience

I think it would help you if you make this into a training journal and dieting journal.

Post current photos of your self right now, and take progress photos probably once a month.

This way you can get feedback and advice on your diet.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Can you feel the segments of your abs with your hand? If you can't, you may need more development. I suggest using more challenging movements such as hanging leg raises etc. If you can feel your abs through your fat then your just not lean enough yet.

Reactions: KMB
Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
abs.jpg all diet and genetics bro

Art By Aesthetics

Art By Aesthetics

Jul 28, 2014
You would love the shirt from our apparel line called " Cash and Abs" check it out. artbyaesthetics.com. #1 selling Mens Shirt on our site.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic