Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Training system

M

Muz92

Jan 17, 2014
Has anyone tried the 'power bodybuilding' training system of mike o'hearn ?
The training goes as follows
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406577933.726244.jpg

Example say bench press would be 10 sets of 5 reps (max weight)
DB press 6 sets of 5 reps

And rest in between is negligible as he says he likes to recuperate before performing the next set.

What do you think of this training system ?

Z

zedhed

Oct 4, 2010
Wouldnt rest any more then a max of 60 seconds.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
If you're lifting heavy and going for strength you'll want more than 60 seconds to recover from the previous set and if it's for hypertrophy you'll want to keep it short. I'd say 3-5min for strength and 1min30sec (somewhere around there) for hypertrophy.

What are you looking to train for/ goals? strength? size? or both? Which will you place emphasis on? etc.... all these questions and more should be asked and answered when determining what kind of program you should use for your training regimen.

Personally, I don't think it's bad but I find a day for "arms" to be ridiculous but than again I'm not a bber. I'd place bi's with back and tri's with shoulders.... or I'd make an additional day where you can hit weak points and put them in there.

Also, for me at least 4x week is best. I need time to recovery and prepare for the upcoming training session.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I have a pretty similar split, although I take a day off every 3 days - 2 on, 1 off instead of 5/2... and split legs up into 2 workouts done several days apart - one for quads, another for calves and hams. I also vary reps - up to 12-15 reps on some sets of some exercises, and 5 or fewer reps on a few sets of a few exercises, with 8-10 reps per set being the most common, particularly for upper body.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic