Members
Latest Member
pbtom

2 weeks from today - RPS NY

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I'm competing 2 weeks from today in Rochester, NY.

Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate - http://meets.revolutionpowerlifting.com/2014/08/09/new-york-state-championships/

I am nervous as hell. Left shoulder is mangled, which means I can barely bench. Will probably only throw up 275. :(

Squat is good; going for a new PR of 575.

Deadlift has been all over the place. Zero consistency. I pulled 600 in April at the gym but haven't got anywhere near that since. Last two sessions were absolute crap. Was hoping for a new PR of 625.

I really wanted to break 1500 this meet, but given my bench I think I will come in at 1450 or maybe 1475, depending on my deadlift.

Travelling for work M-W and that is not going to help things.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Sounds like huge numbers. You blow me away for sure. Good luck bro! Hope to hear more!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Just do your best.... The time away for work may give your shoulder some rest and that could possibly help it.

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
Good luck boss.

I had some consistency issues in the deadlift, but competition always seemed to bring out the best in me....that and the halo/mibolerone/TNE concoction I always take.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Best of luck.what kind of shoulder injury do you have?

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Thanks for the comments/support guys.

I hope the adrenaline kicks in at the meet and I bust out a couple PRs on squats and deads.

Bench will just be another one of my life's many embarrassments. LOL.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Flex if you want some support shoot oldschool 67 a pm and let him know you will be there. It's right near him.

He is a good friend of mine and always helpful.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Flex if you want some support shoot oldschool 67 a pm and let him know you will be there. It's right near him.

He is a good friend of mine and always helpful.

I shall.

There are up to 8 other people going to be there for me; 5 others competing that I know from other boards (4 of whom I've met in person before), and another board member that is driving out from the Bronx to watch us compete, as well as my lovely Lisa, of course. And my Dad may even make the trip up from North Carolina.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I shall.

There are up to 8 other people going to be there for me; 5 others competing that I know from other boards (4 of whom I've met in person before), and another board member that is driving out from the Bronx to watch us compete, as well as my lovely Lisa, of course. And my Dad may even make the trip up from North Carolina.

Damn flex rolls deep!

Looking forward to the videos.

And I know exactly what you mean about your deadlift. I tend to have streaks and slumps. I think come meet day when the nerves hit if you just slow down, stand at that bar and remember how to do it you will.

I predict 1500 on the nose.

Shoulder be damned!

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I'm excited for you fleximus maximus.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I'll be there brotha, can't wait to see u crush the competition. What time do u lift?

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I'm excited for you fleximus maximus.

Thanks man.

You need to get your ass up on the platform soon too.

I kept waiting until I thought my lifts were "good enough" and I finally said fukkital and competed anyway and I wished I had done it sooner.

I'll be there brotha, can't wait to see u crush the competition. What time do u lift?

Good stuff. I've posted enough pics/vids you should be able to recognize me. Please do introduce yourself.

No idea what time I am lifting...we'll see how thing go...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic