Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

What do you do for living and how'd you start?

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Most know me. I'm product of survival and as a child the desire to be batman lol. To me batman was coolest hero as he was just a man who's compassion and intellect where his tools as well as physical skills. Crazy as it sounds all I do and have done are to develop those. If I were to be asked what is missing . Many of the normal things you all have and do, I have never pursued. As kid I practiced martial arts 5-8 hours day . All my friends were and still are teachers or other students in a dojo. I was in army , desert storm toured Middle East . Exposed to the ugliest side of humanity . Of course Uncle Sam paid for my education . I studied sociology and psychology and lol minor physical Ed . Later my msw . Through my travels martial arts and weightlifting were part of my daily life eat , shit , study , lift, train sleep . No social outside of this . Looking back I chose a profession not very lucrative . Yeah I'm 50 jacked then most , train soldiers how to kill part time , teach underground combat , but I read like posts here where you all got awesome cars , home , family . Three things I've not and may never. Which I can't complain . However i wionder sometimes . I do enjoy females lol, same gal for past 10 years but no way can I live in same house - terrible ?? Lol have ton of nieces , they all are well trained in combat my eldest graduate high school this year . She looks like super model but I tell ya she can fire a gun, break yer neck and toss ya 10 feet lol. Wants to be police now sorry brother J lol . My full time job state government social worker dept of mental health . After 5 pm I train people in either bodybuilding or sport conditioning . I also have what I call " dojo delivery" as I teach combat privately . However limit my teaching to people over 18 and mostly males. My family exception . I say " combat" over the term martial art as most if not all modern ma are sport or exercise no matter what they portray . I've trained around the country and planet / crist I say shit about BJJ actually being judo not jujutsu and get flack but I've sat down at dinner table with most of the Gracie family and they agree lol. Training to survive and war is not the ring. Yes they can overlap . I'm retired from army but I do still go twice month to train soldiers at an undisclosed local area base early am . That's me the guy who has graced this community for past 16+ years. Lately less involved I now only post here and one other place .

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
At the moment, nothing.

I was going to school for marine transportation, and had some health issues and had to withdraw from everything.

It's been a long road, that's for sure.

I love reading these types of threads. Thanks for sharing Kets.

Last edited:
FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I'm an Accountant, specifically I am a plant Controller for a steel casting foundry owned by a Fortune 500 company who's primary business is in other products, but they need steel castings so they bought this foundry.

I fell ass backwards into accounting. After I finished high-school I was registered at a community college for a chemical engineering program. I was working part-time and during the summer they offered me a fulltime job at a decent wage and benefits. It was blue-collar warehouse work; order picking, loading trucks, driving forklifts. I decided to accept the job and rescinded my application at college. I figured I'd work for a year and save some money. Ended up getting married and having a kid, and that 1 year turned into 8.

During that time I was a gym rat, and ended up getting divorced and moving in with another (older) woman, then that ended and I got my own place and started dating a younger woman, decided to go back to University. Originally started a Bachelor of Science program, but midway through first year I ran into a guy I new from the gym on campus. We talked a bit about each other's program. He was doing a Bachelor of Commerce (a 4year business degree). I decided I wanted to change my area of study and after first year I switched to the Bachelor of Commerce program. During this time I kept training and also got my GF pregnant so we moved in together.

I finished my B. Comm. in 3 years (4 years total at Uni.) while still lifting and doing some full charge book-keeping for a small company, got married again, and shortly afterwards got my first Gig as a Controller; no idea how I managed that. LOL. While doing that I went to night school and got my MBA; that took another 3.5 years. Immediately after that I switched jobs and started the Certified Management Accountant program. That took another 3.5 years, which I completed in 2006. During that time I again split up, stopped training and also met the current "Mrs. Flex". We had been seeing each other for about 6 weeks when she attended my CMA Convocation.

Had a couple gigs in between and have now been at my current role for 5 years and that's when I started training again. :)

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Im a pimp. You can check my stats

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Private investment fund manager.

Got started by getting a couple of securities / insurance licenses while working for a retail bank after many years of investing my own $ and reading and watching countless books and tv programs on investing.

Moved on to a retail broker for several years, then broke off and did my own thing after having a disagreement with higher-ups. Deal strictly with a limited number of accredited investors now.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Very interesting. That's where I think my son is headed. Very keen on investing. 24 years old and has a net worth of $100k already. Works for one of Canada's big 5 banks.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
Private investment fund manager.

Got started by getting a couple of securities / insurance licenses while working for a retail bank after many years of investing my own $ and reading and watching countless books and tv programs on investing.

Moved on to a retail broker for several years, then broke off and did my own thing after having a disagreement with higher-ups. Deal strictly with a limited number of accredited investors now.

so you're kind of like a Gordon Gekko?

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
I'm in the building game have been from 14 as my uncle is a builder and I used to work with my older bro after school and on week ends in building game .it was never my desired goal to be in the building game as I finished of my hsc and had the marks to go to uni to study economics.the problem was tho my parents had separated and my mum had paid at my dad share she had no hope in ever paying of the family home so me and bro stepped up.me and my bro true passion is investing in property and shares which we have done over the last 20 years and at 42 and have done very well.I am seriously thinking about studying again at uni but my three boys are my priority.

Pawghunter

Pawghunter

MuscleHead
Jul 1, 2014
I am a teacher, I teach hs biology. I enjoy my job most days, it is entertaining and sometimes rewarding. I thought I would teach temporarily after college but that was over a decade ago. Within the next couple years I hope to move into administration.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I am a teacher, I teach hs biology. I enjoy my job most days, it is entertaining and sometimes rewarding. I thought I would teach temporarily after college but that was over a decade ago. Within the next couple years I hope to move into administration.

Sound awesome - you get summers off? Teachers in Massachusetts don't make much . You? Of course state social worker I make squat - on fact to cut state debt my dept is always 1St on cutting . People think state employees make good . No only the executives in admin . We went over 10 years no raise . In fact my take home pay has shrink 200$ week since 2003 due to cost increases cuts etc. I see on another thread everyone has nice cars toys lol vid never had new car

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic