Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Not so much injured as just sick as a dog

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
I've been sick through my wedding, over two weeks ago, my honeymoon, now the first week back at work and university.

I'm doing all the right things.
Vit C, no booze, laid off training for bit, generic cold helpers from the chemist, and now I'm getting sicker.
I need ideas coz this doesn't look like it's going away soon. I thought it was a couple of days ago and boom!! Back into the thick if it.
Help!!

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Just a cold ? Is it in your face ? Lungs? If it continues I'd go get antibiotics

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
Try 10,000 UI of vitamin D3 per day and some decent probiotics.

Sounds to me like your immune defense is low as ****.

My job was really killing me (night shifts) and I was sick all the time. I used to never be sick!!! After getting my gut flora and vitamin D levels up to par, I haven't been sick.

It's cheap and worth a try! Wish you the best man.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014

My job was really killing me (night shifts) and I was sick all the time. I used to never be sick!!! After getting my gut flora and vitamin D levels up to par, I haven't been sick.

I started 10,000 ius of vitamin d and it's made a huge difference. I was deficient
Hope you get feeling better!

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
I started 10,000 ius of vitamin d and it's made a huge difference. I was deficient
Hope you get feeling better!

Totally agree. And research is starting to prove that gut flora is a HUUUUGE part of the immune system's function. I have literally not been sick since I started probiotics (my D levels were already good when I started)

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014

=====================================================

Sorry K but there is absolutely no evidence mega dosing of Vitamin C especially as a means of "enhancing someones immunity" is effective for ANY ailment less scurvy. Oh and rest assured vitamin C has been studied extensively primarily to ascertain if dosing above the RDA is beneficial and it is NOT. Yet why some continue to blindly recommend it's use is unbelievable, IMO.

Wait your proclaiming the OP's immune system is "low". How can you suggest such an idea, with any degree of credibility not having asked a few fundamental questions has no basis.

OP what do you mean by "your sick"? Have you had a fever, vomiting, diarrhea, rash, headache, or muscle aches.
Have any labs been performed by your physician?
Are you taking ANY meds OTC or otherwise?
Do you have any medical problem? DM, HTN ertc

Best
jim

Last edited:
kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
Let's agree to disagree, Jim. Have a good one.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Let's agree to disagree, Jim. Have a good one.

I'm fine with that, but are we also agreeing there is no evidence which supports your recommendation? Because if you believe there is evidence that supports treating patients with such vague complaints with vitamin C I missed that one (which is certainly possible) and would really appreciate if you would be so kind as to post even one human study

Regards
jim

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
I'm fine with that, but are we also agreeing there is no evidence which supports your recommendation? Because if you believe there is evidence that supports treating patients with such vague complaints with vitamin C I missed that one (which is certainly possible) and would really appreciate if you would be so kind as to post even one human study

Regards
jim

The subject was vitamin D, not C.
The gov recommends 400 UI a day if I'm not mistaken. However 20 minutes in the sun yields 10-20,000 UI. Go figure.

I saw some other posts by you, condemning MSM and a lot other beneficial nutrients that definitely works, makes me suspicious of how open your mind possibly is. Studies...
Some studies show that hamstrings are not involved in squats, some show that aspartame is harmless, others that it gives cancer, and so on.

Point is, I don't need a study. I have first hand experience and many of my friends do too. So what ever you're trying to accomplish, I'm not interested.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014

----------------

Oh another anecdote scientist whom makes health recommendations as a "hobby", go figure
, lol!

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
Totally agree. And research is starting to prove that gut flora is a HUUUUGE part of the immune system's function. I have literally not been sick since I started probiotics (my D levels were already good when I started)

The subject was vitamin D, not C.
The gov recommends 400 UI a day if I'm not mistaken. However 20 minutes in the sun yields 10-20,000 UI. Go figure.

I saw some other posts by you, condemning MSM and a lot other beneficial nutrients that definitely works, makes me suspicious of how open your mind possibly is. Studies...
Some studies show that hamstrings are not involved in squats, some show that aspartame is harmless, others that it gives cancer, and so on.

Point is, I don't need a study. I have first hand experience and many of my friends do too. So what ever you're trying to accomplish, I'm not interested.

So in one post you state research is starting to prove something and 2 posts later you state you don't need a study. Well which is it?

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
So in one post you state research is starting to prove something and 2 posts later you state you don't need a study. Well which is it?

My point was that you shouldn't always neglect anecdotal evidence just because someone says it doesn't work.

Vitamin D and probiotics works for me and many others. Cheap too. Worth a try IMHO and that's all I have to say on the subject. You can google and make up your mind by yourself if you want.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic