Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Russian Squat Routine

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Anyone run this recently or ever? I'm thinking about giving it a go to build a lil strength before I get back to the 20 rep squat program... I found this link for a calculator that plans out the whole rep and weight program for 6 weeks that makes it real clear... What I'm confused about and what I've been searching for is what days? Any random 3 days in a week? M-w-f or 3 consecutive days?

http://exrx.net/WeightTraining/RussianSquatProgramGenerator.html

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Anyone run this recently or ever? I'm thinking about giving it a go to build a lil strength before I get back to the 20 rep squat program... I found this link for a calculator that plans out the whole rep and weight program for 6 weeks that makes it real clear... What I'm confused about and what I've been searching for is what days? Any random 3 days in a week? M-w-f or 3 consecutive days?

http://exrx.net/WeightTraining/RussianSquatProgramGenerator.html

I wouldn't do 3 consecutive days. I would do mon/wed/fri or tue/thur/sat. It's like a modified SMOLOV. It'll work but your other lifts will suffer. It's popular with Oly lifters.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Thanks BI, I'm hooked on squats right now and I need to give my shoulder some time to heal up 100% anyways ...
still contemplating I have all week to think about it.. I wasn't getting any response to this thread I was goin to just pm you lol...

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
What would be an ideal rest period between sets? And what would be about the max rest time you would allow yourself between sets? Looks like I'll be testing my 1rm Monday and giving this a go... I'm anxious to get back under the bar...

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Rest in between heavy sets..... I'd take 5min and if you feel like you need more than take it.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
anything russian is worth a try

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I bet that Russian bride will be able to squat a house.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
lmao no russian women please...bunch of gold diggers

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic