Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Progress from the outback

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Alright this has been a long time coming, finally I'm off my ass and have started a log. I've always put it off for one reason or another but today sparks me focusing back in on training so there is no better time to start than the present.

I've always been active growing up, played plenty of sports but eventually broke my ankle and gave up sports for a few years. I got in to gym style training a few years later and have been training in the gym for a bit over 3 years and have trained predominantly like a bodybuilder (training bodyparts not movements). The weight I'm throwing up has never been much of a concern to me but I do have a few strength goals I would like to hit eventually. I was sitting at 93kg (205lbs) but just had a 3 week holiday of drinking everyday, no training and zero diet concerns then another 2 weeks without proper training so I've lost a bit. I'm in my 20's and at about 6' tall and started training as a massive ectomorph at 68kg's (150lbs) and am now sitting at 88.5kg (195lbs) and this is my starting point. My stats are a bit tainted by my holiday but I had a dexa scan and am sitting at exactly 14.7% bodyfat and have found out that I hold 13kg of fat. The dexa scan showed my left leg and left arm both have slightly less lean muscle than my right side. The left arm is the same size but holding more fat and the left leg is slightly smaller. The results are below.

xwObacw.jpg

I plan to have a dramatically different scan up by the end of the year so its time to focus. I want to get down to around 12% bodyfat or lower which shouldn't be too much of a problem but I also want to find my way back up to 95kg's (210lbs) and sit there steadily. I don't want my weight to be water or fat so my focus is on putting on quality muscle.

I will post up more later but its time to hit the gym, trying out a new gym today.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Nice. Looking forward to your journal hood!

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Thanks woods!

Alright so the gym I tried out yesterday was fairly average. It's got a good reputation so I was expecting more but in the weights section it was lacking. On the up side it has a pretty good pool, clean showers, good cardio area, lockers, a cafe, squash courts and what looked like a good class/stretching section for the girls but the weights section was small, only one set of anything in each weight so if someone was using it you had to wait and it was fairly packed. It is free though, I get a membership for nothing so I'll keep it in my back pocket.

Trained chest yesterday and a couple of sets for tri's. Still getting back in the swing of things after the holiday, body is just constantly sore and weak. Did some push ups for warmup, then bench, db fly's, slow controlled db incline, dips, tricep cable work. Had to rush it a bit in the end because I was running late.

Today at I was back at my normal gym - good to be home. Walked in and saw one of the boys, told him I was back on my diet ready to focus again and he said "back on the gear hey, I know what 'diet' means haha", it's good to be out of a commercial gym. I'll throw up some pictures of my gym if I can find any good ones. Trained back today with pull ups as a warmup then heavy t bar rows, plate loaded iso lateral lat pulldowns, seated row and another back machine. Still feeling weak but had a big day at work.

I work as a tradesman so some days are quiet physical and draining while others are fairly easy. Overall I don't have it too hard but I can definitely notice a loss of strength after a hard day especially because I train straight after work.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Here are some pictures of my regular gym.
- almost all weight equipment is hammer strength, couple of cybex things
- 4 hammer strength power racks for squats/Deadlifts all with adjustable benchs
- db's up to 100kg (220lbs)
- 4 sets of each db's up to 20kg
- 2 sets of each db from 40-60kg
- proper floor
- chalk provided and encouraged
- lots of serious lifters, bb title holders both natural and enhanced
... Heaps more ... Kettlebell sets, overkill on leg setup, ability to train in carpark with few strongman type things, rings, etc etc

GkH6BpZ.jpg

SK8J7tS.jpg

rAQSuTq.jpg

sLoUMc9.jpg

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
That's one heck of a nice gym bro.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
That gym looks excellent.
19% BF on your head though? hahaha

Just kidding my dude. You're sitting pretty at 14.7% though!
After work days suck ass. Rest assured (work hard) knowing that most use that as an excuse not to show up and lift.
Looking forward to your progress.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
I might train like a bodybuilder at the moment but next year I would love to return to rugby union again and play in the forwards again. I'm no good but I love it... I go to a few local games and sometimes watch mates play at amateur level, unfortunately don't get to watch much on TV because they only broadcast it on pay TV which just isn't a priority to pay for. I'll post a couple of the videos that get me really excited to run on the field and place some huge hits

And check out this bloody winger Alesana Tuilagi... how would you like this beast running at you 1 on 1 on the wing... Check him out running over the bloke 30 seconds in and then the try he scores in the next clip, the bloke is a machine

Edit:
Now all I want to do is run on the damn field!

And if your not in to the big hits stuff look up Carlin Isles he played rugby 7's and is just an absolute speed deamon like no other

Last edited by a moderator:
Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
Holy crap that's a nice looking gym Hood.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
That's a nice gym! Where and how much was it to have a dexa scan? Be nice to see how you progress with real data and not E-stats lol...

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Hoodlum that's an awesome gym.The one I train at is a metro sexual gym life style fitness in Sydney but I do have some smoking hot women that train there so it ain't so bad lol.I can relate to work as I work in the building trade and some days your just to fu$ked to train.Good luck with the training.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Go Away they must measure ego as fat mass in my head although there's a lot of people that would say I've got a lot more ego than that. Haha just kidding.
Yeah gstacker the dexa scan was really good, I've been taking progress photos and measurements and weighing myself and stuff for awhile now but I always wanted to do a dexa scan. In the city nearest me there is a good 20 places that do it if you look hard enough, anywhere that does a full body bone mass can do dexa scans for fat/lean muscle mass too I believe. They're all around $60-100 to get a scan done, I walked in and out the door within 15 minutes and parked in a loading zone straight outside so it was an easy appointment. I'd highly recommend it. By estats I would be at 12% because I can see abs but let's face it most people guessing their bf are normally a good 5% higher. I'm hoping to be able to improve those numbers a lot

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Trained shoulders at my normal king yesterday. Did some military press, upright rows, side raises, front raises, rear cables and some light sets on the machines to fully fatigue them.

Feeling ng sore all over, it's amazing what just a couple of weeks off and snowboarding do. My whole body feels like it's been hot by a truck, back is stiff and muscles aching but what can I say. I'm going snowboarding again this weekend so I'll just have to man up and deal with it and be sore next week.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic